Home

MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2017, 09:34 PM   #2729
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemtheDream
How sure are you about this? I'm an Astros fan and hear a lot of talk about how we should've traded Bregman for Sale when we had the chance, he's been having a lackluster year and our rotation could really use a #1 pitcher right now. Martes and Paulino have both been bad in the bigs and likely lessened their value as well. I figure Archer is at least as valuable as Sale, who brought back Moncada in his trade. Bregman=Moncada in my eyes.

Would including a pitching prospect (Honeywell) or maybe throwing in Adames make the deal more fair?

If Bregman is completely out of the picture who's the best young MLB ready player Archer could fetch? Bellinger? Bogaerts/Benintendi? Swanson?
To answer the last question. Red Sox say no to both Bogaerts and Benintendi. Braves would never do Swanson. Maybe you could get Bellinger, but in real life I doubt they do it. Teams don't like trading young MLB assets they'd rather deal prospects that are less sure of a thing.

The Rays also would never add one of their best prospects to their best asset to help in a trade. That's robbing Peter to pay Paul

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-13-2017, 09:42 PM   #2730
Rookie

sc050610's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecocksLaw17
If you search for what we said on Donaldson to the Mets you'd be looking at basically the same. I expect I said something like Rosario + Gsellman but I could be mistaken.

Thanks for all the help. I will go back and find it the mentioned trade.

Edit: I see it was posted in the next comment. Thanks again for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-13-2017, 09:46 PM   #2731
Rookie

HakeemtheDream's Arena

Quote:
To answer the last question. Red Sox say no to both Bogaerts and Benintendi. Braves would never do Swanson. Maybe you could get Bellinger, but in real life I doubt they do it. Teams don't like trading young MLB assets they'd rather deal prospects that are less sure of a thing.

The Rays also would never add one of their best prospects to their best asset to help in a trade. That's robbing Peter to pay Paul
Gotcha, thanks for all the help.

I'll just do Bellinger and try not to fret about the realism of it so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #2732
Rookie

Hardworker33's Arena

5 days before deadline, I made a deal with SD (31-75) to push for a playoffs spot.

How's the value ? (I'm now 2 days before, so I'd swing another deal with them to even it out if I offered something too light).

Braves

Yangervis Solarte (.247/5HRs/28 RBI's)
Carter Capps (0-3/2,54 ERA/1,28 WHIP)

Padres

SP Luiz Gohara (21 YO/B POT/63 OVR)
CF Dalton Pompey (25 YO/B POT/71 OVR)
C Justin O'Connor (26 YO/B POT/73 OVR)
RP Antonio Cisneros (21 YO/C POT/72 OVR)
RP Akeel Morris (25 YO/C POT/76 OVR)

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #2733
Rookie

themadcap's Arena

Hey guys. I'm looking to get Jonathan Villar back to the Phillies. I'm in year 2018 of my franchise. Brewers have a glut of good middle infield prospects and have had Villar on the trade block all season (mid June now). He's having a fine year .265 BA, .358 OBA, 7HR, 13 SB. What will it take to pry him away? Brewers are in need of young, capable starters as their rotation is pretty sad and I could use a true shortstop (much like real life Crawford just won't start hitting) to slide Hernandez back to second. I have tons of pitching prospects: Sixto Sanchez, Goudy, Kilome, Mason (18y.o. A pot) and Groome picked up from the Red Sox in a trade. I also have young still unproven starters in Eflin, Thompson, Lively (all B pot) and Mengden that I picked up from A's in trade (also B pot.). I would also consider sending back Kingery who could play 2b or any outfield spots (B pot.)

Here is one trade I have considered:

Brewers get:

Goudy 20 yo B pot SP 70 OVR
Lively 26 yo B pot SP 76 OVR
Kingery 24 yo B pot 77 OVR

Phillies get:

Villar

Any of you guys have a take? I'm not having much luck finding a solid value for Villar. Thanks.

Last edited by themadcap; 06-14-2017 at 04:00 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 06-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #2734
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcap
Hey guys. I'm looking to get Jonathan Villar back to the Phillies. I'm in year 2018 of my franchise. Brewers have a glut of good middle infield prospects and have had Villar on the trade block all season (mid June now). He's having a fine year .265 BA, .358 OBA, 7HR, 13 SB. What will it take to pry him away? Brewers are in need of young, capable starters as their rotation is pretty sad and I could use a true shortstop (much like real life Crawford just won't start hitting) to slide Hernandez back to second. I have tons of pitching prospects: Sixto Sanchez, Goudy, Kilome, Mason (18y.o. A pot) and Groome picked up from the Red Sox in a trade. I also have young still unproven starters in Eflin, Thompson, Lively (all B pot) and Mengden that I picked up from A's in trade (also B pot.). I would also consider sending back Kingery who could play 2b or any outfield spots (B pot.)

Here is one trade I have considered:

Brewers get:

Goudy 20 yo B pot SP 70 OVR
Lively 26 yo B pot SP 76 OVR
Kingery 24 yo B pot 77 OVR

Phillies get:

Villar

Any of you guys have a take? I'm not having much luck finding a solid value for Villar. Thanks.
How did you get Groome out if curiosity and not sure you're giving up a good enough headliner for Villar

Old 06-14-2017, 04:46 PM   #2735
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1
MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

I'm at the trade deadline with the Marlins in my first season. I'd like to add some pitching help as I'm 7 games above .500 and 1.5 up on the mets for the division at the time.

I'm looking to add a decent lefty to the bullpen and if possible a solid starter.

I'm looking at Perkins from the Twins who are way out of contention. He is a free agent after the year and being 34 years old he seems like a solid rental. His stats are 1-2, 23 saves, 3.14 ERA, 1.05 WHIP. What would it take to get him?

I'm also mildly interested in Ervin Santana who is 7-6 with a 3.52 ERA, 1.20 WHIP. If he would cost me a lot then I'd probably pass at his age and salary, but if it wouldn't cost me too much to do a package I'd like to get both.

Thanks for any input.

Edit- I ended up trading Jose Urena and a C potential prospect SP for Perkins. Decided Not to pursue Santana

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by TheBigTee; 06-14-2017 at 08:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 04:53 PM   #2736
Rookie

themadcap's Arena

Quote:
How did you get Groome out if curiosity and not sure you're giving up a good enough headliner for Villar

Yeah, I'm really not sure of what fair value is here. And unsure how the rest of baseball views the Phils current prospect crop.

I picked up Groome in a trade for Maikel Franco who, unlike the real Maikel Franco was hitting well. Boston came calling looking for a solid 3B for a playoff run and also needed pen help. I sent Franco and Neris to Boston for Devers and Groome (and ate Sandoval's contract). Had no intentions of moving Franco but after looking at the trade I thought it made tons of sense.

Last edited by themadcap; 06-14-2017 at 04:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »