Home

MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2017, 02:02 PM   #2793
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

I'm trying to think of a middle ground and can only come up with Danny Duffy from Kansas City. Assuming KC is out of the playoffs in my franchise would Duffy for Arcia be realistic?
Old 06-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #2794
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshirestags
In the end, this is similar to the Buxton situation in that neither should be traded for at least another 1000 AB's or so. However, it appears I just don't have his floor as high as you do. Ervin Santana?

61 wRC+ is failing for anybody, I don't care what he's done lately...especially when it's still far below expectations. I follow Mr. Swanson fairly closely, this is a guy that slugged .900+ for 2 years in the SEC. He can hit, he's just not doing it. Though I would quickly agree it's more with plate coverage than swing mechanics...you want to go look up S.Drew first 2 years in the league Mr. smarty pants? You know who doesn't have an 85? Jake Lamb...132.

With NYY, HOU and now LAD calling...yeah, I'd turn down Arcia from the Brewers. The guy has never hit, he's never going to hit and unless he's the second coming of Omar Vizquel, I've already got guys that can do that.
Drew was a bad defender and Swanson has good defensive metrics. Drew was so bad he had a -.6 WAR his second year and even as bad as Swanson started the year he has a break even WAR so far.

Who do you think NYY, HOU and LAD would actually offer? Because the Brewers have an elite farm and could pretty easily match an offer that includes Arcia. But I can agree its in the Brewers best interest to keep him.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/insta...orlando-arcia/ this was written when he was brought up last August. He doesn't profile as a star but he profiles as having a high likelihood of being an above average regular
Old 06-19-2017, 02:10 PM   #2795
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden57
I'm trying to think of a middle ground and can only come up with Danny Duffy from Kansas City. Assuming KC is out of the playoffs in my franchise would Duffy for Arcia be realistic?
Duffy just resigned with KC it isn't realistic that he is traded
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2017, 02:24 PM   #2796
Rookie

Alright looks like I'll probably do Arcia + Erceg + Woodruff for Quintana then. Thanks guys!
Old 06-19-2017, 02:27 PM   #2797
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden57
Alright looks like I'll probably do Arcia + Erceg + Woodruff for Quintana then. Thanks guys!
Since others in here seem lower on Arcia than I am, I think you have to change Woodruff to Hader. So Arcia + Hader + Erceg. Its expensive to get an ace
Old 06-19-2017, 02:32 PM   #2798
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecocksLaw17
Since others in here seem lower on Arcia than I am, I think you have to change Woodruff to Hader. So Arcia + Hader + Erceg. Its expensive to get an ace
Would CWS throw in a reliever then? Something like Arcia+Hader+Erceg for Quintana+Jennings?
Old 06-19-2017, 02:39 PM   #2799
Pro

hampshirestags's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecocksLaw17
Drew was a bad defender and Swanson has good defensive metrics. Drew was so bad he had a -.6 WAR his second year and even as bad as Swanson started the year he has a break even WAR so far.

Who do you think NYY, HOU and LAD would actually offer? Because the Brewers have an elite farm and could pretty easily match an offer that includes Arcia. But I can agree its in the Brewers best interest to keep him.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/insta...orlando-arcia/ this was written when he was brought up last August. He doesn't profile as a star but he profiles as having a high likelihood of being an above average regular
I think he goes to Houston for Martes+Tucker+'whatever they need to add to get NYY to go away'. The size of the 3rd piece will be determined by the perceived value of the flavor-of-the-moment RP added from CHW and the level of determination of the Yankees (I really don't see LAD heavily involved). The Brewers have the chips to play at this table but Arcia is the ante, not the bet. While we're at it, Gray moves to CHC or NYY and Archer/Cole stay put. I could also see STL chasing Donaldson if TOR is so inclined.

That's not a bad write-up on Arcia. Though "...productive piece on the next competitive Brewer team" doesn't exactly make me tingle, I don't think a A.Hechavarria type of comp is totally out of the question. Even with that though, and I'm a Heck fan...headline a 100mm+ surplus value trade? Nah.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:45 PM   #2800
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshirestags
I think he goes to Houston for Martes+Tucker+'whatever they need to add to get NYY to go away'. The size of the 3rd piece will be determined by the perceived value of the flavor-of-the-moment RP added from CHW and the level of determination of the Yankees (I really don't see LAD heavily involved). The Brewers have the chips to play at this table but Arcia is the ante, not the bet. While we're at it, Gray moves to CHC or NYY and Archer/Cole stay put. I could also see STL chasing Donaldson if TOR is so inclined.

That's not a bad write-up on Arcia. Though "...productive piece on the next competitive Brewer team" doesn't exactly make me tingle, I don't think a A.Hechavarria type of comp is totally out of the question. Even with that though, and I'm a Heck fan...headline a 100mm+ surplus value trade? Nah.
That's fair, but he's also too much for someone like Hellickson or Chris Tillman. Maybe he would headline for a #2/#3 type? But it doesn't make logistical sense for him to be traded at this point. You don't rebuild a team and trade former top prospects before they've played like 100 games on the MLB roster

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »