Home

MLB The Show Teach Me How/Tips/Strategies Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Teach Me How/Tips/Strategies Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 05:31 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
MLB The Show Teach Me How/Tips/Strategies Thread

We have one of these in each of our major game forums, and MLB The Show is no different. There is a TON of depth to this game, and most don't even scratch the surface. So this thread is a place to gather the best gameplay, franchise and Diamond Dynasty tips in one place.

Have at it!

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2016, 06:29 PM   #2
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB The Show Teach Me How/Tips/Strategies Thread

Just to start off I have a whole playlist dedicated for tutorials and tips:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...llLLpvMyqNhhC6

Here are some just to start...

Tips on how to hit heat:

Difference between BB/9 and Control

H/9 Explained (I have all the attributes explained)

Lefty on Lefty Hitting Tips:

How to Rob Homeruns:

I also do player reviews on this playlists: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RkkLYh71qM8s_g

Here are a few I have...

FB Adrian Beltre

Rangers 99 A-Rod

Battle Royale Tips

I have many more on my channel too. If you guys ever have any requests or questions let me know!

Youtube
Old 07-05-2016, 12:11 AM   #3
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird5
Just to start off I have a whole playlist dedicated for tutorials and tips:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...llLLpvMyqNhhC6

Here are some just to start...

Tips on how to hit heat:

Difference between BB/9 and Control

H/9 Explained (I have all the attributes explained)

Lefty on Lefty Hitting Tips:

How to Rob Homeruns:

I also do player reviews on this playlists: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RkkLYh71qM8s_g

Here are a few I have...

FB Adrian Beltre

Rangers 99 A-Rod

Battle Royale Tips

I have many more on my channel too. If you guys ever have any requests or questions let me know!
EXCELLENT stuff CB5. Thank you for bringing that to OS.

Everyone - you can also ask gameplay questions, franchise advice and anything else in here. I really want everyone to feel comfortable playing the game and I think some are intimidated by certain aspects.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 07-07-2016, 12:03 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I appreciate you posting these. I want to enjoy this game, but hitting has been near impossible for me. I am using Pure Analog hitting on All Star difficulty. It seems like I can never get my swing off in time. I start to pull back on the analog button when the pitcher is about to release his pitch to stride and I have problems pushing back up in time to get my swing on the ball. Wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I have gotten better at making the pitcher pitch more pitches so I can get him to fatigue but it seems like if I do get the bat on the ball, it is either a ground out or cheap fly out. A friend suggested using dynamic difficulty but that to me seemed way too easy. I enjoy a good challenge but I feel like I will never be able to hit the ball.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:21 AM   #5
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleetus
A friend suggested using dynamic difficulty but that to me seemed way too easy. I enjoy a good challenge but I feel like I will never be able to hit the ball.
How long did you give dynamic a go? Play enough, & hit well enough, & the difficulty advances. As long as you are crushing the easier difficulties, you will eventually move to All-Star. And if you struggle too much you will fall back to veteran. You do this long enough, you will get good enough to stick at All-Star. And maybe even good enough to advance to HoF level.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2016, 11:35 AM   #6
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11

I have been playing The Show since 2006 when it first started. This year I am finally starting to play around with using Square, X, and Circle when batting. Obviously Square is for when you are just trying to crush the ball, your hitting reticle will be a little smaller in size, but if you make it in, you hit for big power. X is your average swing, but Circle has always kind of perplexed me. At first I only used Circle for pitchers, and then I stopped using it entirely for years, now I'm starting to revisit it. My question is is Circle supposed to be the choke up on the bat at the sacrifice of power but for more contact like what hitters do on 0-2 counts in real life? Does the hitting reticle increase in size the same way that Square decreases? Do you guys have any good rules for when you use these, like 2-0, 3-0, 3-1 use Square, 0-2, 1-2 use Circle, and X for everything else (obviously influenced by game situation as well, not just the hitter's count).
Thanks
Old 08-12-2016, 04:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment
I have been playing The Show since 2006 when it first started. This year I am finally starting to play around with using Square, X, and Circle when batting. Obviously Square is for when you are just trying to crush the ball, your hitting reticle will be a little smaller in size, but if you make it in, you hit for big power. X is your average swing, but Circle has always kind of perplexed me. At first I only used Circle for pitchers, and then I stopped using it entirely for years, now I'm starting to revisit it. My question is is Circle supposed to be the choke up on the bat at the sacrifice of power but for more contact like what hitters do on 0-2 counts in real life? Does the hitting reticle increase in size the same way that Square decreases? Do you guys have any good rules for when you use these, like 2-0, 3-0, 3-1 use Square, 0-2, 1-2 use Circle, and X for everything else (obviously influenced by game situation as well, not just the hitter's count).
Thanks

Same here:

I use zone button hitting and have wondered if it helps to use contact hitting (o-button) with hitters that have a considerable higher "contact" rating. Use the (square-button) for hitters with higher Power ratings and then the X-button for hitters that fall in-between these ratings?

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts/tips were on this. When using a hitter with very high contact ratings I've been able to hit a homerun using the circle-button, so I don't know if all this really means anything,

Thoughts?
Old 08-12-2016, 11:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Hello everyone. I just saw this thread, and I have been off of OS for a while now. I'll get to everything that I'm going to talk about quickly here. It might be a long read, but please read if interested in tips and tricks.
I have been playing MLB The Show since 2011, and have had great success. That being said, recently playing has began to get a bit dull, SO, what I plan on doing is starting a YouTube channel, and letting everyone know how to have success and how to have continued success in FRANCHISE mode. This is the mode that I usually play most of the time, and I have great success in this.
That being said. Most of the people on youtube who do franchise mode videos really just show gameplay. This will not be the case. I will dive into what they miss and what they don't educate people on. HOW TO BE A SUCCESSFUL GM. Most of the videos have some, but very little of GMing, but I plan on taking this to a completely different level. While still showing gameplay.
As of right now, the first video will be coming on the 14th, so two days, in the evening hours. The page will be called DisFellaJMOsProductions, however, that might be hard to find given the fact that it will be my first video, so I can post the video in here if you guys are wanting to get a look into how have success in Franchise mode, not only on the field, but off.
Again, first video will be up Aug 14th, and page will be called DisFellaJMOsProductions, I will post it in here if need be.
Thank You all very much, and see you soon.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »