Home

Anyone finding the AI working the BP different this year?

This is a discussion on Anyone finding the AI working the BP different this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2017, 05:07 PM   #1
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Anyone finding the AI working the BP different this year?

I do and I love it

so after spending 8 hours exporting and importing players to get 40 man rosters. I started a franchise, I like to play every single game at first to start the season off to get a mix of different stadiums players etc testing sliders

up 5-0 against the rays as the Yankees the CPU pulled Chris Archer after only 3 and a third innings, they then kept Chase Whitley out there for about 3 and a third too he also gave up 3 runs but the CPU stuck with him and left him out there and didn't burn out the BP and panic.

This is great it showed variety here, CPU pulls a starting ACE early and sticks with a LR to get those middle innings in, then when I had a lefty batting the CPU put in a lefty pitcher. I LOVE the change and variety in this and hope the AI logic keeps this up manager hook slider might actually work this year.

I ended up winning the game 9-7, almost blew the lead twice gave up 2 3 run homers lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 05:10 PM   #2
Rookie

face2face's Arena

Re: Anyone finding the AI working the BP different this year?

good the hear!!
Old 03-28-2017, 05:39 PM   #3
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

I hope this was refined also with Spring training...pulling starters early and hitters.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
I do and I love it

so after spending 8 hours exporting and importing players to get 40 man rosters. I started a franchise, I like to play every single game at first to start the season off to get a mix of different stadiums players etc testing sliders

up 5-0 against the rays as the Yankees the CPU pulled Chris Archer after only 3 and a third innings, they then kept Chase Whitley out there for about 3 and a third too he also gave up 3 runs but the CPU stuck with him and left him out there and didn't burn out the BP and panic.

This is great it showed variety here, CPU pulls a starting ACE early and sticks with a LR to get those middle innings in, then when I had a lefty batting the CPU put in a lefty pitcher. I LOVE the change and variety in this and hope the AI logic keeps this up manager hook slider might actually work this year.

I ended up winning the game 9-7, almost blew the lead twice gave up 2 3 run homers lol.
yes, the AI logic now runs the LRP several innings and the RP guys are 1-IP per app. check the sliders forum for sliders that work for near perfect sim stats. I have spent hundreds of hours simming in the past and this year is great.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:21 PM   #5
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Pre-release they mentioned an adjusted pitcher stamina for out of gas energy levels to look/perform like it. It's very good if they improved the AI management, I hope it extends to season mode rosters so that we can never see RPs starting again and other weird, unnecessary stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »