Home

Longest Home Run Distance Contest ('17 style)

This is a discussion on Longest Home Run Distance Contest ('17 style) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2017, 04:47 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Longest Home Run Distance Contest ('17 style)

524 with Brandon Belt at AT&T park into the cove. No picture though. I have a habit of button mashing to get through cut scenes.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:50 PM   #34
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5

Last night I hit a 487 foot home run by Ken Griffey Jr, playing Diamond Dynasty.

Had I know this thread existed, I would have took a screenshot, didn't think it was that special haha.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:10 PM   #35
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

OVR: 0

Yup, I think they might need to tone down the power a bit. Just about clobbered a HR to Oakland. lol Hit this with Belt against Lester at the same difficulty as last year. Needless to say, I never did anything like this against anyone in '16, let alone Lester who I generally struggled against. This was Belt's second homer of the game btw. Williamson hit one off the top of the brick wall as well. Game is still in the third (originally said fourth but that was wrong).

Second shot shows it was off the end of the bat. Third shows perspective of where it's heading. Fourth shows where it ended up (it's either the black dot in the water or that's its shadow, can't remember). Wish I was able to record the ShowTrack for this one as it was incredible. Did a much better job of showing where it went since the camera angles are terrible once you get out into the water.

For record-keeping purposes, this was in-game and hit 595 feet by Brandon Belt at ATT Park. Wind was 12.3 straight out to center, so it does indeed look like wind is quite important in '17.

Last edited by Jon Arbuckle; 03-30-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 05:44 PM   #36
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Arbuckle
Yup, I think they might need to tone down the power a bit...

For record-keeping purposes, this was in-game and hit 595 feet by Brandon Belt at ATT Park. Wind was 12.3 straight out to center, so it does indeed look like wind is quite important in '17.

Wind or no wind, a ball hit off the end of the bat like that wouldn't even go 500 ft.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:13 PM   #37
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
Wind or no wind, a ball hit off the end of the bat like that wouldn't even go 500 ft.
I agree, that's why I made a point to take a shot of that. I'm not really sure if the game always get the visual representation of what you did to match up with whether you actually got the PCI on the sweet spot though.

Hit a third HR with Belt off Lester in my third at bat against him and both Cubs runs in the game came off solo shots (one by Russell that went 475 feet). The game definitely feels like it needs a little nerfing of power. And IIRC, Belt is given the HR quirk when I don't really think he merits it. He will hit some beautiful arcing shots and his HR stats have probably been depressed by ATT but like a lot of Giants players, he hits a lot of line drives and thus most of his XBH are doubles.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:17 PM   #38
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Arbuckle
I agree, that's why I made a point to take a shot of that. I'm not really sure if the game always get the visual representation of what you did to match up with whether you actually got the PCI on the sweet spot though.

Hit a third HR with Belt off Lester in my third at bat against him and both Cubs runs in the game came off solo shots (one by Russell that went 475 feet). The game definitely feels like it needs a little nerfing of power. And IIRC, Belt is given the HR quirk when I don't really think he merits it. He will hit some beautiful arcing shots and his HR stats have probably been depressed by ATT but like a lot of Giants players, he hits a lot of line drives and thus most of his XBH are doubles.
Guy needs a top-spin quirk.

Actually, I'm not joking. If they extended quirks into more tendencies, the guy cannot hit a line drive that doesn't have top spin. Would be nice to actually replicate that in-game.

As for your home run and wind, only two things I have to say to that are:

- If anything, the wind kept your ball fair. That was very close to just being a long strike haha.

- I don't know if the wind itself plays differently this year, but now the slider affects the wind as you change the slider itself. In other words, if you play previous games and you see the wind at 12 MPH and change the slider from 5 to 10, then your wind wouldn't change. This year it will actually change the wind to 24 MPH from there, if that makes sense. In previous years, the wind slider was meant to determine how strong it actually could be to start any game.

I'll be updating shortly.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-30-2017, 06:22 PM   #39
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Wow. DD Game.

Jose Bautista.

@Minute Maid Park, over tracks, over buildings, onto the street beyond Left Field Wall.

556 ft.

I have a video in mp4. how do I attach to here?
You'll have to upload it to a site, like YouTube or something. Then share the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
In-Game
Chipper Jones(ATL) off Vance Worley(WAS)
@ SunTrust Park
Exit velocity: 110.5mph
Launch angle: 29.59 deg
Hang time: 6.82sec
Went over the grey wall in center field.
Now if you can just get me the wind speed/direction and the elevation of SunTrust Park, I can use mathematics and physics to compute how far your ball was hit!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-30-2017, 06:28 PM   #40
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

So I just went back and was browsing through the 2016 version of this thread, and I'm pretty sure the longest in-game home run was about 508 ft... The distances this year are insane.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »