Home

Too many HR's?

This is a discussion on Too many HR's? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #361
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Too many HR's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
What happens when the wind is blowing in, though? Wouldn't that reduce your number of homers?
Think he's talking more about the distance than the number of hrs., wind blowing out could be the cause of extremely long hrs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2017, 12:29 PM   #362
Rookie

OVR: 1

I will begin this by saying that I enjoy this game and all they are trying to do with ball physics but power just has to be toned down. I use zone hitting and I play on legend hitting with default sliders. I pitch on hall of fame with consistency bumped up one notch. I carried my franchise over and have now played 20 games of my franchise on Mlb 17. Since the carryover my Cardinals have hit 72 homers in 20 games and have scored 124 out of 143 runs via the home run. I have added power hitters Pujols, Schwarber and Trumbo to my team (we aren't too good defensively) over the past 2 seasons. I was 12-1 initially after carrying over and after hitting 9 in a game I dropped power and contact one click ( my team batting average raised 8 points in 8 games lol). For a couple of games this seemed to work but last night I hit 7 in a game while the Astros hit 5. Out of the 12 homers 9 were over 450 feet with Luis Valbuena hitting one 486. I don't mind giving up homers on hof and I like hitting homers but dang this game is hot this year. I don't like messing with sliders much but I guess I'll have to bump everything down considerably.
I have hit check swing type home runs with Trumbo and Matt Adams but this may be a kind of glitch. Another example is that Aledmys Diaz has 9 homers through about 95 games and had 8 in my first 13 after carrying over.
Like I said I really enjoy all of the show games and I'd say I'm a decent hitter but dad gum not that good.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:32 PM   #363
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen44
I will begin this by saying that I enjoy this game and all they are trying to do with ball physics but power just has to be toned down. I use zone hitting and I play on legend hitting with default sliders. I pitch on hall of fame with consistency bumped up one notch. I carried my franchise over and have now played 20 games of my franchise on Mlb 17. Since the carryover my Cardinals have hit 72 homers in 20 games and have scored 124 out of 143 runs via the home run. I have added power hitters Pujols, Schwarber and Trumbo to my team (we aren't too good defensively) over the past 2 seasons. I was 12-1 initially after carrying over and after hitting 9 in a game I dropped power and contact one click ( my team batting average raised 8 points in 8 games lol). For a couple of games this seemed to work but last night I hit 7 in a game while the Astros hit 5. Out of the 12 homers 9 were over 450 feet with Luis Valbuena hitting one 486. I don't mind giving up homers on hof and I like hitting homers but dang this game is hot this year. I don't like messing with sliders much but I guess I'll have to bump everything down considerably.
I have hit check swing type home runs with Trumbo and Matt Adams but this may be a kind of glitch. Another example is that Aledmys Diaz has 9 homers through about 95 games and had 8 in my first 13 after carrying over.
Like I said I really enjoy all of the show games and I'd say I'm a decent hitter but dad gum not that good.
What hitting level are you playing on?
Old 04-07-2017, 01:02 PM   #364
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
What hitting level are you playing on?
I hit on legend with zone. Used to be default sliders now I've bumped power and contact down one.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #365
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen44
I hit on legend with zone. Used to be default sliders now I've bumped power and contact down one.
I'd say you are better than decent lol. I am Directional Hitting and hit less than 1 HR per game and my highest was 3.

I score runs and hit a ton of doubles, but I don't hit or give up an alarming amount of HRs. So odd to not see what everyone else is even on lower difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2017, 01:21 PM   #366
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
I'd say you are better than decent lol. I am Directional Hitting and hit less than 1 HR per game and my highest was 3.

I score runs and hit a ton of doubles, but I don't hit or give up an alarming amount of HRs. So odd to not see what everyone else is even on lower difficulty.
My feeling as well. I'm on HOF with Zone Hitting. I looked at my profile stats last night and myself and the computer both avg 1 homerun per game. And this was coming off a game where we combined for 5 homeruns in one game!

Like you said, its odd not seeing the issue that many others are experiencing.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #367
Rookie

DudleyDoWright's Arena

OVR: 15

Playing online, I've had way too many home runs hit against me when in reality they shouldn't have. For example, I was playing a Play Now game vs some dude who used the Cubs and I threw him a well timed, low and away corner 2 seam fastball with Jacob deGrom and him using Anthony Rizzo, BLASTED it 400 feet over the RF wall, and this is what the PCI showed:

MEANWHILE, I've encountered numerous times where I've had "Good" and "Fly Ball" along with the ball in the middle of the PCI and the colour of said PCI is green and I've either hit only measly fly balls or ground outs. Whenever I do hit home runs, I'm either late or Just Late.

I use Pure Analog hitting btw. The amount of HR's is a tad bit much, especially when I put my pitches in an area where I more than likely would get a grounder or a pop up; not a 400 foot bomb over Jay Bruce.

My MVP Baseball Videos

www.mvpmods.com

MVPmods.com, the largest MVP modding community.

www.eamods.com

Makers of the MLB 08 MVP mod for MVP 05 for PC.

Last edited by DudleyDoWright; 04-07-2017 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:03 PM   #368
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

OVR: 0

Guys, try Challenge of the Week with Justin Turner. You play without wind and it feels hard to hit a HR even on Rookie. There are probably other factors involved, but it seems wind is a big one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »