Home

Old 04-07-2017, 03:24 PM   #369
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Too many HR's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
Guys, try Challenge of the Week with Justin Turner. You play without wind and it feels hard to hit a HR even on Rookie. There are probably other factors involved, but it seems wind is a big one.

You will still hit homers but they aren't the monster wind blown ones. For years, I turned wind off in the show. Probably before the show was the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2017, 03:31 PM   #370
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
I'd say you are better than decent lol. I am Directional Hitting and hit less than 1 HR per game and my highest was 3.

I score runs and hit a ton of doubles, but I don't hit or give up an alarming amount of HRs. So odd to not see what everyone else is even on lower difficulty.
Thanks for the compliment. I'd love to see more doubles and manufacture more runs. Glad you're having good results with it, I still love this game. Keep having fun.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:46 PM   #371
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudleyDoWright
Playing online, I've had way too many home runs hit against me when in reality they shouldn't have. For example, I was playing a Play Now game vs some dude who used the Cubs and I threw him a well timed, low and away corner 2 seam fastball with Jacob deGrom and him using Anthony Rizzo, BLASTED it 400 feet over the RF wall, and this is what the PCI showed:

MEANWHILE, I've encountered numerous times where I've had "Good" and "Fly Ball" along with the ball in the middle of the PCI and the colour of said PCI is green and I've either hit only measly fly balls or ground outs. Whenever I do hit home runs, I'm either late or Just Late.

I use Pure Analog hitting btw. The amount of HR's is a tad bit much, especially when I put my pitches in an area where I more than likely would get a grounder or a pop up; not a 400 foot bomb over Jay Bruce.

I think The Show stopped showing the PCI placement of the opponent a couple years ago (perhaps to make it harder to guess what the opponent is looking for), so what you are seeing is actually not the true location of the PCI. I think it always stays at center for the opponent in online games.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #372
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
What happens when the wind is blowing in, though? Wouldn't that reduce your number of homers?
It's true the wind can act both ways, to convert some fly outs to HRs and some HRs to fly outs, but I think it doesn't quite "even out" because in typical situations there are significantly more fly balls hit within the outfield than the ones go over the fence (simply harder to hit further).

Even if the wind blows in or out 50% of the time, there are more fly outs to be pushed over the fence than HRs that pushed into fly outs. That's why in the game turning off the wind by the slider overall tends to deflate the number of HRs I think.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:14 PM   #373
Rookie

DudleyDoWright's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I think The Show stopped showing the PCI placement of the opponent a couple years ago (perhaps to make it harder to guess what the opponent is looking for), so what you are seeing is actually not the true location of the PCI. I think it always stays at center for the opponent in online games.
Maybe that could be the case but on different occasions, I've seen it moved elsewhere and not just centered in the strike zone, so that has me thinking a little.

My MVP Baseball Videos

www.mvpmods.com

MVPmods.com, the largest MVP modding community.

www.eamods.com

Makers of the MLB 08 MVP mod for MVP 05 for PC.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:38 AM   #374
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
So I thought this too, and I'm 99% it has been like this. But I did notice in my game today in DD the other dudes pci has moved on some of the swings. Now it could just be random placement idk.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:48 AM   #375
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
So I thought this too, and I'm 99% it has been like this. But I did notice in my game today in DD the other dudes pci has moved on some of the swings. Now it could just be random placement idk.
Was it only up and down movement? I think it can move slightly for that based on timing (early = high, late = low) but I haven't seen it move left or right.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:48 AM   #376
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Was it only up and down movement? I think it can move for that based on timing (early = high, late = low) but I haven't seen it move left or right.
Yeah it was up and down.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB: The Show »