Home

Too many HR's?

This is a discussion on Too many HR's? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2017, 07:56 AM   #393
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Too many HR's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
It's only up for a split second before I pause, but...675.

It's on beginner difficulty of course - my only goal was seeing just how much the maxed wind would affect a solidly hit HR ball. Well....I found out.
Wind is a factor, for sure. There's no doubt on it. For a quick check you can try Challenge of the Week: you'll hit a ton and quickly without wind. With Turner ( which is around 85 power vs r ) more often than not you need to power swing with square to get a HR.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:50 AM   #394
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
What does offline franchise play have to do with server issues? This seems to be complete nonsense to me.
If stats are saved server side ( so you can check them via universal profile ) it does more sense to you ?
Old 04-09-2017, 09:17 AM   #395
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
If stats are saved server side ( so you can check them via universal profile ) it does more sense to you ?
No it does not.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2017, 10:51 AM   #396
Pro

RustedWalleye's Arena

OVR: 15

I wasn't going to jump on the bandwagon about too many HR's but I am in a streak and it doesn't matter what mode I am in where HR's are coming at a huge pace.

I played 3 franchise games last night as the Royals, one against the Twins (combined 12 HR's), 2 against the Astros (1st game I had 7 HR's 2 sets were back to back to back, and the Astros I lost count after 10 HR's).

I am playing Hall of Fame hitting (just bumped up to try and tone down my HR's, didn't help, not ready yet for Legend, old eyes). I am pitching at All-Star as I am not pitching well at all against the CPU and bumped down from Hall of Fame to try and reduce the HR's I am giving up.

Is anyone else struggling with pitching? I hit my spots majority of the time, I am pitching well online and when I make a mistake I know I did and pay for it, but I pitch I think very well online.
Old 04-09-2017, 01:55 PM   #397
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm 8 games into my Reds Franchise on legend difficulty with zone hitting. I have 17 homers. Ive given up lots of homers too but that's expected cause the Reds pitching stinks. But it's not just the homers. It's how hard they are hot, along with non homer hits. In all the years playing this game I've never seen ground balls hit so hard they got through the infield and rolled all the way to the outfield fence past my outfielders. Billy Hamilton should not be getting beat in the OF by grounders. It feels like everyone is using aluminum bats.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #398
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotSyphillis
I'm 8 games into my Reds Franchise on legend difficulty with zone hitting. I have 17 homers. Ive given up lots of homers too but that's expected cause the Reds pitching stinks. But it's not just the homers. It's how hard they are hot, along with non homer hits. In all the years playing this game I've never seen ground balls hit so hard they got through the infield and rolled all the way to the outfield fence past my outfielders. Billy Hamilton should not be getting beat in the OF by grounders. It feels like everyone is using aluminum bats.
I just want to mention that another cause is outfielders start positioned closer than in real life (for the most part), they often sprint in toward the ball on grounders, and grass doesn't have any difference in friction compared to that of dirt.

I don't know how off BESR is in this game (though I can imagine that on the most solid hits it may be coming off the bat too hard), but there are plenty of other things they are going to have to address other than just that. In other words, I hope they don't just decide to slow down the BESR until Hamilton is beating the OF with grounders; I hope they take everything else into account as well.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-09-2017, 03:22 PM   #399
MVP

OVR: 14

I started a new season and in the first game I hit 6 homeruns while the CPU hit 3. All the runs scored were via homerun for both teams. Sigh.

Light hitting Moldanado hit two bombs, one of them opposite field 450' on Low and Away curve. Espinosa hit an opposite field bomb down the line (camera celebration) like he was prime Bonds. I hit an upper deck dinger from Pujols at the Coliseum like vintage style. Maybin and Escobar were also lacing liners off the wall.

This is on all-star everything with Zone hitting. I do notice that CPU leaves meatballs that I crush, but I also crush junk. Don't get me wrong, I got shut out the last game I played...just generally the trends are that most CPU runs are via homerun bombs, and All-star make me feel like the Bronx bombers on steroids.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2017, 03:43 PM   #400
Rookie

using tnk sliders and 3 games into my franchise. I have hit 3HR and the CPU 2HR. Seems fine to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »