Home

Too many HR's?

This is a discussion on Too many HR's? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2017, 08:36 AM   #417
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Too many HR's?

Ok.. I have started a franchise just to test the SP and HR issues and I am sorry guys I am just not seeing it. I know this is a small sample and I will keep playing just to see if anything changes but here is what has happend so far. I am really not trying to Troll, yes I posted the same thing in the other thread but I am really trying to test both things.

I am playing on All Star Defualt sliders and I am playing as the Padres.

Game 1 Kershaw pulled in the Top of the 8th after 103 Pitches with a 2-1 lead. 1 Home run a piece neither over 420.

Game 2 Hill pulled in the 7th after 85 pitches in a 2-1 game after giving up a walk and a double. 2 home runs both by Gutiérrez @ 442' and 425'

Game 3 Maeda pulled in the 8th after 92 pitches leading 5-1. 2 Home runs Schimpf 442' and Puig 421'

Game 4 Ryu pulled in the 7th with one out in a 2-1 ball game after 93 pitches after giving up a single with one out. 2 Home runs Turner for both at 392' and 409'

Just an observation. I think that some of the distances are not accurate either. From the posted dimensions and where the balls landed I would say most of those distances should be lower by 10' to 20' or so.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #418
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

So is the overall consensus that the wind plays the major role in there being too many home runs? If that's the case what are you guys doing with the wind slider? I think I have mine set at 2 but I wonder if it would be best to just turn it all the way down to 0.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-11-2017, 09:43 AM   #419
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I just hit 2 homers and had 8 RBI's with Freddie Freeman last night. Locked in I guess.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:50 AM   #420
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

OVR: 0

My last two online games on HOF. On the first pitcher analisys the HR low in the strikezone was by Escobar. On the second one, it's the pitch location on the HR of Dyson. The second game was played without wind ( close rooftop ).

Old 04-11-2017, 10:58 AM   #421
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
So is the overall consensus that the wind plays the major role in there being too many home runs? If that's the case what are you guys doing with the wind slider? I think I have mine set at 2 but I wonder if it would be best to just turn it all the way down to 0.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I put mine on 1 so far. Seems ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 02:40 PM   #422
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
I put mine on 1 so far. Seems ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does wind have any effect on the slicing of the ball that you have seen?
Old 04-11-2017, 04:20 PM   #423
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh123
Does wind have any effect on the slicing of the ball that you have seen?
After CPU vs CPU testing a good number of games without wind, I really think it does. My early impressions were the ball was slicing way too much. There were balls I thought may have a chance of dropping, end up being nearly 40ft foul. I've seen a lot of would-be base hits in previous MLB games lost because the new physics, which also resulted in low CPU offense. Since turning the wind completely off, it doesn't seem to be as extreme. Of course, some of this could be in my head, but I'm simply going by eye testing.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:20 PM   #424
RLB
Rookie

RLB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Ok.. I have started a franchise just to test the SP and HR issues and I am sorry guys I am just not seeing it. I know this is a small sample and I will keep playing just to see if anything changes but here is what has happend so far. I am really not trying to Troll, yes I posted the same thing in the other thread but I am really trying to test both things.

I am playing on All Star Defualt sliders and I am playing as the Padres.

Game 1 Kershaw pulled in the Top of the 8th after 103 Pitches with a 2-1 lead. 1 Home run a piece neither over 420.

Game 2 Hill pulled in the 7th after 85 pitches in a 2-1 game after giving up a walk and a double. 2 home runs both by Gutiérrez @ 442' and 425'

Game 3 Maeda pulled in the 8th after 92 pitches leading 5-1. 2 Home runs Schimpf 442' and Puig 421'

Game 4 Ryu pulled in the 7th with one out in a 2-1 ball game after 93 pitches after giving up a single with one out. 2 Home runs Turner for both at 392' and 409'

Just an observation. I think that some of the distances are not accurate either. From the posted dimensions and where the balls landed I would say most of those distances should be lower by 10' to 20' or so.
I'm still in spring training with both teams so the starting pitcher issue I haven't had any opportunity to see that yet. As far as the homerun issues I hadn't seen it until last night with the 12 mph wind blowing out. Maybe it was just a slugfest and they happen occasionally but that was the first time I ever hit 7 homers in a game and I gave up 5 during that game. Keep an eye on your wind, I would be curious to see what you come up with.

On a side note, my next game with the Royals was against the A's. I won 8 to 4 and with no wind, the only homer hit was from the A's on a pitch I left in the middle. I'm not 100% convinced it was the wind, but I can't rule it out yet. I was actually starting to wonder if my hitting skills had declined after reading everyone else killing the ball. I was glad when CB said he was having the same results as me.......your results are making me feel better too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »