Home

Too many HR's?

This is a discussion on Too many HR's? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2017, 05:29 PM   #425
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Too many HR's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Ok.. I have started a franchise just to test the SP and HR issues and I am sorry guys I am just not seeing it. I know this is a small sample and I will keep playing just to see if anything changes but here is what has happend so far. I am really not trying to Troll, yes I posted the same thing in the other thread but I am really trying to test both things.

I am playing on All Star Defualt sliders and I am playing as the Padres.

Game 1 Kershaw pulled in the Top of the 8th after 103 Pitches with a 2-1 lead. 1 Home run a piece neither over 420.

Game 2 Hill pulled in the 7th after 85 pitches in a 2-1 game after giving up a walk and a double. 2 home runs both by Gutiérrez @ 442' and 425'

Game 3 Maeda pulled in the 8th after 92 pitches leading 5-1. 2 Home runs Schimpf 442' and Puig 421'

Game 4 Ryu pulled in the 7th with one out in a 2-1 ball game after 93 pitches after giving up a single with one out. 2 Home runs Turner for both at 392' and 409'

Just an observation. I think that some of the distances are not accurate either. From the posted dimensions and where the balls landed I would say most of those distances should be lower by 10' to 20' or so.
That's fine and all, but you're using your 4 game sample to dismiss everyone else's games that show otherwise.

It's rare for me to see a game where each team doesn't hit 4 homeruns apiece. All of those would be no doubters until I turned Wind off to 0. At HoF surprisingly it's been better, now the issue is that majority of my runs and CPUs are scores via homerun. Whether it's just 1 or 2 a piece.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 06:17 PM   #426
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
That's fine and all, but you're using your 4 game sample to dismiss everyone else's games that show otherwise.

It's rare for me to see a game where each team doesn't hit 4 homeruns apiece. All of those would be no doubters until I turned Wind off to 0. At HoF surprisingly it's been better, now the issue is that majority of my runs and CPUs are scores via homerun. Whether it's just 1 or 2 a piece.

Did you not read my post. I said it was a small sample size and I also said I was just trying to test things as see if I could lend any help with the issue as I have had some time on my hands lately. I am not dismissing anybody or any ones experiences or opinions. I simply said I was not seeing it in these 4 games, showed the results and said I would try some more later to see if there were any changes.

So why don't you just back off the high horse you are on. Let other people have opinions, maybe don't dismiss someone who sees' something different and take others work as it was intended, everybody trying to figure out why some are having a problem.

Edit: And I have played close to 30 games combined and I am not seeing this or the SP issue at all. I had a 3 game run where nobody hit a HR at all.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 04-11-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:25 PM   #427
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Did you not read my post. I said it was a small sample size and I also said I was just trying to test things as see if I could lend any help with the issue as I have had some time on my hands lately. I am not dismissing anybody or any ones experiences or opinions. I simply said I was not seeing it in these 4 games, showed the results and said I would try some more later to see if there were any changes.

So why don't you just back off the high horse you are on. Let other people have opinions, maybe don't dismiss someone who sees' something different and take others work as it was intended, everybody trying to figure out why some are having a problem.

Edit: And I have played close to 30 games combined and I am not seeing this or the SP issue at all. I had a 3 game run where nobody hit a HR at all.
Dude, you totally misunderstood my tone. Calm down and happy gaming.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #428
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't want to be the odd man out, but I just started my franchise in ST and through 3 games and (15+ test games) I am not seeing a HR issue and I have my wind at 6 and haven't moved it since out of the box. Most HR in a game has been 4 combined. Furthest distance off memory, 439, but that hit a scoreboard, so idk if that is assumption distance. Just my $.02

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 04-11-2017, 08:20 PM   #429
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I don't want to be the odd man out, but I just started my franchise in ST and through 3 games and (15+ test games) I am not seeing a HR issue and I have my wind at 6 and haven't moved it since out of the box. Most HR in a game has been 4 combined. Furthest distance off memory, 439, but that hit a scoreboard, so idk if that is assumption distance. Just my $.02

You will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2017, 08:22 PM   #430
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
You will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I haven't. I haven't even had a issue in umteen number of RTTS games.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

Last edited by forme95; 04-11-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:58 PM   #431
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Just had a game (closed roof) where I had 8 total home runs (4 by each team). And I'm also starting to see a trend where hits for me are either singles or home runs. Very, very few doubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 10:13 PM   #432
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I've got about 15 games under my belt with the changes I made, and am just not seeing anything outrageous from a number of home runs or home run distance perspective.

I am seeing the issue where CPU SP's barely make it out the 5th inning. I think that may be tied to quick counts.

I use quick counts and analog hitting FYI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »