Home

Too many HR's?

This is a discussion on Too many HR's? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2017, 08:31 AM   #441
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Too many HR's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm not having the issues. Plain and simple.
We get it. At this point, since you haven't this issue with the game, why you're still here just to repeat it every single day ? It doesn't help at all a thread that is about Too Many HR's. What we want - and it's what you don't get - it's just helping devs to investigate it. But this attitude to bash everyone just because you're fine with the game need to stop. It's bad for the thread, it's bad for devs if they're reading this thread and it's really bad for users which come here just to share a problem that, again, you don't have. We don't want a flame, we don't want to close this thread. Let's keep it to collect screens, videos, data and stats about this issue. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2017, 08:49 AM   #442
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Too many HR's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
We get it. At this point, since you haven't this issue with the game, why you're still here just to repeat it every single day ? It doesn't help at all a thread that is about Too Many HR's. What we want - and it's what you don't get - it's just helping devs to investigate it. But this attitude to bash everyone just because you're fine with the game need to stop. It's bad for the thread, it's bad for devs if they're reading this thread and it's really bad for users which come here just to share a problem that, again, you don't have. We don't want a flame, we don't want to close this thread. Let's keep it to collect screens, videos, data and stats about this issue. Thanks.

And this is the attitude I'm talking about. You don't want civil discussion and trying to find a cause, you simply want people to agree with you. And if they don't, then stay out of the thread.

And my posting my experience does help whether you believe it or not because it helps the devs see that it's not an entire user base issue. And it allows them to investigate further the cause.

And when did I bash anyone? I never flamed anyone. I've shared my experience in this thread and have been told by users to stop because they don't agree with my findings.

My post you quoted was in response to someone accusing those who aren't seeing it of lying. Convenient that you only focus on a portion of my post to respond to.

And if my posts are bothering you then either ignore me or report them. But you don't get to decide where and what I can post.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 04-12-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:30 AM   #443
MVP

forme95's Arena

Question for everyone having HR issues. Are you in a franchise and using sponsorships?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 04-12-2017, 10:17 AM   #444
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

Any data helps.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #445
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

I get a lot of homeruns with my regular DD team (playing vs CPU) but I have recently been grinding out a mission and only using AL Central players and my lineup does not have any huge power threats and almost exclusively bronze players. I have had more 9 inning games with them where they hit no homeruns than when they do, even on rookie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2017, 10:36 AM   #446
Rookie

fredhand19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Question for everyone having HR issues. Are you in a franchise and using sponsorships?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

I've had issues both in franchise and regular season. Trying quick counts on legend to see if that limits my ability to square up hits.

Think if that doesn't work I'm going to try mike lowes slider set. Seems like he has some good results with lowering HRs

Old 04-12-2017, 11:07 AM   #447
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Well I can tell you this. Unless your name is Red, Puprle or Green you don't get to determine who and what is said in any thread on this forum. Nor do you get to determine what is good or bad for anybody or anythnd on it. Everyone is allowed to post in any thread as long as they abide by the TOS. Both sides of any argument are certainly welcome to post their viewpoints on any subject that they feel it is warrented.

People, myself included have tried to help those that are having issues resolve them. Yet time and time again they are either ignored, told to stop or that their opnions don't matter or that they are wrong. This ridiculous behavior is what is bad for this forum, the site and the Developers. You want to be taken seriously? Act like adults. One more post like this from you or anyone and it is time for people to start taking leave from OS. I am not kidding in any way shape or form. I am done with the behavior on both side of all of these arguments, its like a elementary school yard in here and it stops today.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:27 AM   #448
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
And this is the attitude I'm talking about. You don't want civil discussion and trying to find a cause, you simply want people to agree with you. And if they don't, then stay out of the thread.

And my posting my experience does help whether you believe it or not because it helps the devs see that it's not an entire user base issue. And it allows them to investigate further the cause.

And when did I bash anyone? I never flamed anyone. I've shared my experience in this thread and have been told by users to stop because they don't agree with my findings.

My post you quoted was in response to someone accusing those who aren't seeing it of lying. Convenient that you only focus on a portion of my post to respond to.

And if my posts are bothering you then either ignore me or report them. But you don't get to decide where and what I can post.

I believe the frustration lies in the fact the game is so close, but so far away for many of us and we feel the need to defend our experience rightly or wrongly.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I'm somewhat surprised users could play this game and believe the ball physics are working as intended. Forget home runs, look at all the line drives to centerfield that float just off the ground forever before being caught. Maybe we really are playing different games given our PS4's, settings, sliders, etc...

I play a PS4 Pro with boost mode usually on, prefer Quick Counts, A&S sliders, on HOF. Maybe something there is the primary cause of my issues? I can tell you though I started on All Star default, and the home runs and the lack of variability in scoring were even worse to the point I wasn't enjoying the game.

I also have friends who are casual and they say many of the same things. Asked my buddy a few minutes ago his take on the game and paraphrasing he said "The games way too easy to hit bombs on AS default, its too easy to strike out the CPU, and the game is mostly line drives or dribblers." He was shaking his head with a smile on his face... That's exactly how I feel. Good game that could be great, but the physics and a few bits of logic need patching in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »