Home

CPU SP problem (anyone else has it!?)

This is a discussion on CPU SP problem (anyone else has it!?) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2017, 11:23 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: CPU SP problem (anyone else has it!?)

So this is a quick count issue? Cause I'm playing play now games and no matter what in the 6th inning CPU has double barrel action in the bully. Verland had walked one guy and had a no hitter going on to the 6th and as we enter the top 6 it said they had two guys warming up and tiger were ahead 4-0. So not sure it's just quick count issue
Old 04-01-2017, 11:30 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneyteam1212
So this is a quick count issue? Cause I'm playing play now games and no matter what in the 6th inning CPU has double barrel action in the bully. Verland had walked one guy and had a no hitter going on to the 6th and as we enter the top 6 it said they had two guys warming up and tiger were ahead 4-0. So not sure it's just quick count issue

This also is quick manage mode as well. Guaranteed that if CPU gives up one run, pitcher is pulled in 5th or 6th. Doesn't matter the number of pitches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2017, 11:31 PM   #75
Pro

Quote:

Do you rember how many pitches he had thrown?I know even on normal pen is generally earlier but nowhere near the problem it is on QC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 11:32 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
So....what happened? Did it actually bring him in? I've almost never seen that happen with a no-hitter going unless it was a scoreless game.

Bullpen doesn't really mean anything - I often see the pen get up a full inning before the AI actually decides to use the hook (unless he gets in trouble, then he might leave in the same inning). It's not like it would affect the pitcher's mindset to see the pen going like in real life, so why not have someone ready in case things go south? Better than it being forced to potentially bring in a cold pitcher (and us complaining about that next).
Old 04-02-2017, 09:17 AM   #77
Pro

Verlander was at 69 pitches. They brought in a deliver with two outs in the 7th after back to back hits. It was 5-0 and I had one out and two on. Think he was at around 90 pitches when they pulled him
Old 04-02-2017, 10:11 AM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Verlander was at 69 pitches. They brought in a deliver with two outs in the 7th after back to back hits. It was 5-0 and I had one out and two on. Think he was at around 90 pitches when they pulled him

If i'm being honest i don't think that's too bad.It may be a smidge early but most guys get pulled around 100-110 even if there going good.I would agree for the big horses such as Verlander that them staying in a bit longer might be more probable.Baseball has changed in recent years to a bullpen game often times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks
Old 04-02-2017, 11:57 AM   #79
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
I'm actually pretty surprised it would do that. AI's usually going to let a guy with a shutout keep going until he loses it (in full gameplay). I think I would have liked to see it give him one or two more batters before pulling him in your scenario, but that's still not as bad as what we're seeing in the QC/Quick manage modes IMO.

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:01 PM   #80
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

I'm seeing this issue no matter what I do. QC on or off doesn't seem to affect it. Had guys pulled with a 12-1 lead (yes I was losing 12-1 ) in the 6th with 1 on and 2 out and the SP at 70 pitches, tied at 2 with 80 pitches in the 6th, just blew a 2 run lead to make it 3-3 in the 4th with 2 outs. It makes no sense. I hope the devs are looking into this and have a fix in mind because I mostly play franchise and this is killing it for me right now. I'm just testing and learning to hit until OSFM comes out but hopefully they fix it quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »