Home

CPU SP problem (anyone else has it!?)

This is a discussion on CPU SP problem (anyone else has it!?) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2017, 09:52 AM   #57
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU SP problem (anyone else has it!?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I have been playing franchise games day and night since Monday 9:30 pm.

Bcruise has been joining me on many of them as we have been looking for this.

Yet we have not seen one questionable pull as of yet.

I am not saying we don't have a potential issue, as too many people are reporting wonky CPU pitching logic.

But like Bcruise I work counts deep and get pitch counts higher earlier. It is not every single game but my goal is just that.

Also sometimes I get pitchers into high stress innings where they throw 25-27 pitches in one inning. It does take a toll and I am seeing more

"Humanity" AI and emotion this year.

Elite and front line starters are performing well, however they can be chased out too if you hit them or work counts a lot and get their pitch count up high early and "stress" them.

Right now you can see in my thread what CPU pitching settings we got going.

I am going to see if hook at 4 helps a little more.

But I actually like the logic more this year overall.

More playing and testing needs to be done though.

Let's keep this discussion going in this constructive manner.

We have more than enough experienced Show players here to help each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Absolutely agree with the bolded points you made here. Much more testing to try and better identify the trends... However, the Dev team would know explicitly what is going on in the code behind the scenes, so if they take what we are saying about some strange SP pull logic and can tweak it in small, incremental amounts, that may be all that is needed. We certainly don't want some blanket rule to be changed causing unrealistic SP behavior in the opposite direction either.

But yeah, lots of constructive feedback going on in this thread. People providing specific examples, and lots of very experienced The Show players too keep analyzing this.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:03 AM   #58
Rookie

PsnHitman17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Excellent write up.

Thanks for the info bcruise

I totally agree with this
Old 04-01-2017, 12:50 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsnHitman17
I totally agree with this

Quick Manage this is a programming issue. Just had a situation where I came in to pitch in Top 6th with score 2-1. The pitcher batted while playing with bases loaded. I got out of inning and then went to bottom of 6th back to quick manage and as soon as I hit the swing button in quick manage they pulled the pitcher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2017, 05:22 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 2

For those that aren't experiencing the SP problem, I guess you are lucky. I only play franchise and never online and I usually play with QC on. I started my franchise as the Indians and played my first six games against Tex and Arizona. In all 6 games I could not get a CPU starter to go more than 5 innings. In two out of three games against Tex, the starters were pulled after 4.1 innings regardless of the score. The longest a CPU starter went was 5.2 innings in a 0 to 0 game.

So I tried importing my franchise from 16 thinking this might just be an issue with the new franchise. But the same results after 4 games. I did get a CPU pitcher to go 5.2/3 in a 2 to 1 game I was winning.

I tried another game using a pitcher Grinkie from Arizona labeled as a work horse in his quirk and in a game that was tied 1 to 1 going into the fifth inning. He had struck out six and walked three had thrown only 68 pitches. With a man on second and two outs they let Grinkie bat in the bottom of the fifth. Then they brought in a reliever at the top pf the 6th. That is completely ridiculous. In another game they were winning 4 to nothing, ( I tried not to get any hits ) they still pulled there starter after six innings. he had only thrown 75 pitches. There is defiantly a problem here.

For me, This is a complete game killer. It takes the entire strategy out of the game and if you are a stat freak it ruins season stats. I have always loved the Show and it has been my favorite game. But this issue is big. There are several little issues like animation of bat contact on the ball, the third baseman acting like he is going to throw the ball into the dugout at times when an out fielder throws the ball to him and a few others.I can live with that.

I have tried setting the pitching hook slider to zero and changing the CPU starting pitcher stamina to 99. But nothing works. I can only hope this SP glitch gets patched immediately. If not, it's back to 16 or just season or live play. The dev team has always been pretty good about patching things, I truly hope they don't over look this one.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:25 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
For those that aren't experiencing the SP problem, I guess you are lucky. I only play franchise and never online and I usually play with QC on. I started my franchise as the Indians and played my first six games against Tex and Arizona. In all 6 games I could not get a CPU starter to go more than 5 innings. In two out of three games against Tex, the starters were pulled after 4.1 innings regardless of the score. The longest a CPU starter went was 5.2 innings in a 0 to 0 game.

So I tried importing my franchise from 16 thinking this might just be an issue with the new franchise. But the same results after 4 games. I did get a CPU pitcher to go 5.2/3 in a 2 to 1 game I was winning.

I tried another game using a pitcher Grinkie from Arizona labeled as a work horse in his quirk and in a game that was tied 1 to 1 going into the fifth inning. He had struck out six and walked three had thrown only 68 pitches. With a man on second and two outs they let Grinkie bat in the bottom of the fifth. Then they brought in a reliever at the top pf the 6th. That is completely ridiculous. In another game they were winning 4 to nothing, ( I tried not to get any hits ) they still pulled there starter after six innings. he had only thrown 75 pitches. There is defiantly a problem here.

For me, This is a complete game killer. It takes the entire strategy out of the game and if you are a stat freak it ruins season stats. I have always loved the Show and it has been my favorite game. But this issue is big. There are several little issues like animation of bat contact on the ball, the third baseman acting like he is going to throw the ball into the dugout at times when an out fielder throws the ball to him and a few others.I can live with that.

I have tried setting the pitching hook slider to zero and changing the CPU starting pitcher stamina to 99. But nothing works. I can only hope this SP glitch gets patched immediately. If not, it's back to 16 or just season or live play. The dev team has always been pretty good about patching things, I truly hope they don't over look this one.

I'm with you. Can't play until this gets fixed. Really sucks because I was loving everything else this year

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 05:26 PM   #62
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganmorrison1
I'm with you. Can't play until this gets fixed. Really sucks because I was loving everything else this year

There is no issue with regular games. Not sure about quick manage but for regular games the AI logic has been terrific.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:05 PM   #63
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Smth along the lines of what bcruise said this could be a design decision (smth on the level of the playoffstamina issue). It's one not working well for many.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 04-01-2017, 06:13 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
There is no issue with regular games. Not sure about quick manage but for regular games the AI logic has been terrific.

I'm playing regular games. Do you play with Quick counts. I do

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »