Home

Broadcast Presentation

This is a discussion on Broadcast Presentation within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2017, 02:33 PM   #9
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Broadcast Presentation

It isn't how it use to be but I am fine with the way it is now just as long as they keep it how it is now I am good.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:42 PM   #10
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
Broadcast to me is no longer broadcast, its Hybrid basically. There may be three "after pitches" in a row that just cut right back to the batter waiting for the pitch even though you dont X.

It seems like there is a lot cut out now, even if you are a person (like me) that wants to see all the broadcast scenes.

Also, I have noticed that the cut scenes do not start as quickly as they did in 16. There is a delay, then the cut, which sorta drags out.

Ive also noticed more and more the game deciding to skip replays, even in big moments and ust cut back to the next batter.

The worst for me personally is seeing no batter walk up. As far as I know, when Broadcast mode first became an option, you could choose to see every batter walk up. Now, there can be three or more in a row that just show up at the plate. You miss identifying the player, seeing their stats, have any personality at all to the game. I know it often will show the overlay and the player after the first pitch, but there often isnt a 2nd pitch.

With the improved faces and player models, its disappointing not to have the option of seeing the batter walk up, or at the very least dig into the box while their display comes up.
100% agree and it's really a shame too

Basically we have Quick Pitch, Super Fast Hybrid and Normal Hybrid not Broadcast mode as MLB The Show names it. We used to have something a lot closer to a real Broadcast mode maybe several versions back. I can not remember in what version they made Broadcast mode so much faster?

I am sure I may have said this before but how hard would it be to have an option for a real true to life Broadcast mode that shows almost everything happening on the field in real time with the option to always push the X Button in case you need to skip something? And also a stationary camera in upper deck behind home plate with slight movement left and right would be nice too

Last edited by tnixen; 03-31-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:50 PM   #11
Rookie

tbone1's Arena

OVR: 7

This game would be with the broadcast presentations of years past.
I don't understand why they speed up broadcast mode.
Their are other modes to speed things up for those in a hurry.
You can tell the animations are their as they always quickly cut them out.
Hopefully they see this thread and tune it in a patch for us broadcast guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2017, 01:32 PM   #12
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Presentation is so underwhelming and unbelievable for the time we're in. It doesn't even come near what FIFA does and that's a continuous game where you don't expect to focus on its presentation. Certainly other contemporary Sports titles in all genres exceed what is happening here. Not to act overly sensitive but it's unquestionably hampering the ability to really enjoy anything about the game. To the original poster, it's been this way since MLB 12, because I own 06, 10,12,14 and 17 so that makes 6 straight seasons (years) of new games with the same below average stuff in the presentation category.

You'd think after all it would take to partner with MLB Network and the upgraded hardware they work with in PS4 Pro, plus all the continued improvements graphically since 14' particularly that we'd have significantly upgraded presentation by now, to match the efforts that are happening elsewhere. It's hard to understand how they see this as a positive actually or at least a non issue.

I could think of trillions of areas of improvement but instead of that I continue to notice a deluge of added cheesy annoyances added their game to further diminish the presentation that even was already in place even though it's highly limited. Like the eyesore of removing player position in favor of a cheap reminder for batter handedness. Surely, I'll see where he bats when the game warps past his walkup and he's standing one side or the other right?? Maybe I'm just a Sensitive Suzy but I want Buster Poser to walkup to the plate and it says C (Catcher) or occasionally 1B - not a lazy 'R'.

We have continued to expand sounds of the show after it's monumental accomplishment of being brought into the PS4 at all, but we don't get to enjoy it since the presentation warps past 90% of our in game ditto sounds and walkups, and other transitions in play.

Amazingly, they see all of these developments as positive steps forward and nothing less which qualifies as alternative facts in my book. Some people construe our presentation demands as wanting movie clip style cutscenes in between the game to raise the virtual drama. Presentation is not about 1000 new cutscenes, it's about capturing the continuous action in variable, artistic ways, designed to capture the ambiance of what's going on. So the occasional cutscene every few at plays or at bats does not qualify as presentation, that's just a cutscene. We're not asking for them to make us cutscenes, we just want better presentation for playing the game. It's not a difficult topic to understand however, just look at all the other sports games out now, for an example. From FIFA and F1 to NHL and NBA and all else in between.

Last edited by @legendm0de; 04-09-2017 at 02:00 PM. Reason: and 06'
Old 04-09-2017, 06:05 PM   #13
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I like the presentation overall, but there are definitely areas that need improvement, and a few repetitive sequences that simply drive me nuts seeing them every single game lol...

For instance, at the start of every game: the scoreboard view with the cheesy american flag graphic.

Also showing an extreme closeup of the manager's face after every single homerun. Why not mix it up with some different dugout shots of other teammates celebrating and what not?

And then there are the repetitve post game sequences....They just need to ditch the entire post game and start from scratch imo.

Last edited by jeffy777; 04-09-2017 at 06:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »