Home

MLB The Show 17: Is It a Buy?

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17: Is It a Buy? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2017, 01:33 PM   #73
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB The Show 17: Is It a Buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Mike you're wasting your time my friend.

We know the game isn't broken. Everyone that is playing and enjoying the game knows it's not broken. But no amount of discussion is going to change the mind of someone who has convinced themselves that it is

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I just don't get the use of absolutes. I agree with him on so many things, however saying it is broken is just too much.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:42 PM   #74
Rookie

zfarrow's Arena

OVR: 1

The fact that there is a guy in the review/article saying don't buy who did nothing but play 10 innings of the install game and sim seasons in franchise is ridiculous. Sorry but what makes your opinion valid if you've admittedly barely even played the game? Why would they even bother putting this guys feedback in the article?

Old 04-02-2017, 08:07 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0
Definitely a buy for me. I mostly play RTTS and I'm loving the new rpg element this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2017, 08:15 PM   #76
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysonguy
Your post is exactly the problem I'm talking about.

It's not just online and the fact that "well just play offline" is being parroted over and over does nothing to educate people about the actual state of the game and in turn is going to screw over people who buy the game at a premium right now.

The experience you gain while playing any game mode online or offline is being reset so if you played 100 offline games since launch you lost everything you earned. People's EXP are being reset multiple times this week, I personally had it reset three times. Someone on Facebook said their just reset for the 6th time yesterday.

The game is freezing during offline games or just erroring out and going back to the main menu, even people in the batting practice part of the game have reported freezing.

The main menus in the game, not the online portion, have taken over 30 minutes to change.

These are not isolated cases, it's not like what we see 6 months in that someone is having something wonky happen in their game. These are widespread problems that are happening to many people. As I said before these problems are being brought up not only here but social media and other gaming sites.

When I say the game is broken I mean the game is broken. The offline has problems and the online has problems. Now maybe every single problem is caused by the servers and when that's fixed they all go away, that would be swell.

Everything in bold is simply false. I have played 16 franchise games, 3 months of RTTS, Exhibition Games and none of these things have happened once.

You are entitled to your opinion, everybody is. But you are reaching Trolling levels and you need to reign it in.

Edit: I did not mean to include Online as not resetting because I know it is. What only intending to include offline modes.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:57 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0
Love playing retro mode the most. Are they capable of making a patch to add a season or playoff mode with retro mode instead of just a single game? If so, what are the chances they do or would they wait till next year.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:20 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Everything in bold is simply false. I have played 16 franchise games, 3 months of RTTS, Exhibition Games and none of these things have happened once.

You are entitled to your opinion, everybody is. But you are reaching Trolling levels and you need to reign it in.

Edit: I did not mean to include Online as not resetting because I know it is. What only intending to include offline modes.
You're in the "it's not happening to me so it's not happening" boat.

Again, I'm listing things that have been happening to me. The first day I did nothing but batting practice because of the problems everywhere and my EXP was reset. It's been reset another 2 times this week. All of my EXP was reset, not just my online EXP, all of it.

Batting practice is offline right?

I'm not talking opinion, I'm talking fact. The fact is that I've had all of these problems since launch, the fact is that others have had the same exact problems (plus others) since launch.

I'm not even going into things like games being put into a queue that may or may not eventually count or online franchises that cannot be created or even how pitchers are being pulled waaaay too early. I'm talking basic offline parts of the game that do not work without problems.

I've been a member here for 7 years, don't talk much, just read up on the games I'm interested in and read articles here. This may be the first time I've said anything negative about a game. If you think my goal was to lay low for almost a decade then purchase and post negatively about a game then so be it.

And yes, I know you meant online not offline resetting but I appreciate you clearing it up.

Last edited by Jaysonguy; 04-02-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:32 PM   #79
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephid
Love playing retro mode the most. Are they capable of making a patch to add a season or playoff mode with retro mode instead of just a single game? If so, what are the chances they do or would they wait till next year.

I don't know if it's possible via a patch or not.

However I would say the chances are extremely slim that they do something like that this year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-02-2017, 09:43 PM   #80
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysonguy
You're in the "it's not happening to me so it's not happening" boat.

Again, I'm listing things that have been happening to me. The first day I did nothing but batting practice because of the problems everywhere and my EXP was reset. It's been reset another 2 times this week. All of my EXP was reset, not just my online EXP, all of it.

Batting practice is offline right?

I'm not talking opinion, I'm talking fact. The fact is that I've had all of these problems since launch, the fact is that others have had the same exact problems (plus others) since launch.

I'm not even going into things like games being put into a queue that may or may not eventually count or online franchises that cannot be created or even how pitchers are being pulled waaaay too early. I'm talking basic offline parts of the game that do not work without problems.

I've been a member here for 7 years, don't talk much, just read up on the games I'm interested in and read articles here. This may be the first time I've said anything negative about a game. If you think my goal was to lay low for almost a decade then purchase and post negatively about a game then so be it.

And yes, I know you meant online not offline resetting but I appreciate you clearing it up.
I am not intending to state that you are not having these problems or that others aren't. Up until this last post of yours, you seemed to be taking the stand that because it was broken for you it must be broken for everybody. That is simply not the case. I do not pretend to understand why, on a console of all things ( that should be identical) some have problems and some don't.

But for a lot of us, this game is not broken. You get frustrated because you feel that we are taking a stand saying well its not happening to us, so it is not happening. That is not the case. I/We understand that this is happening to you. But also you are not accepting the fact that it is not happening to us so therefore for us the game is not broken. If you want acceptance for your point of view and problems, then you must accept others opinion as well. You say you are stating fact, well guess what so am I.

For me this is the best MLB The Show there has ever been. I am sorry that you are not experiencing the same thing that a lot of us are.

But, AND THIS GOES FOR BOTH SIDES, you need to allow others to have their own opinions and experiences. If you keep attacking those that are not having problems and being of the wrong opinion, then how can you expect to be treated fairly about your problems and experiences.

Recommending this game is not a disservice. Nor is stating the bad experiences that you are having. Not allowing people to have different experiences is. I believe it is only fair for both sides of the argument to occur. But that has be a civil, intelligent and respectful argument on both sides. Which is sorely lacking from both fronts. You have stated your opinion and myself and others have stated theirs. Let it stand at that. Counter posting to every good post with another bad post, stating the same argument over and over does not help anybody. That applies the other way as well.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »