Home

Things that didn't need to be changed, but were.

This is a discussion on Things that didn't need to be changed, but were. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2017, 09:19 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Things that didn't need to be changed, but were.

The omission of player's last names on the Tiger's road jerseys.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2017, 10:26 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 2

In the Broadcast presentation mode, information about the next batter is displayed during the batter walk up to the plate. In previous years they showed the position the guy plays. That was removed in MLB 17 and in it's place they show whether or not the batter bats left or bats right. Why was this removed? I know it's not that big of a deal and yes I know there are other ways to determine what position a player plays. But seriously I can figure out of the batter is a L or a R as soon as they are at the plate.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:21 AM   #19
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

OVR: 0

Why was the backdrop for Angel Stadium changed? The Honda Center is gone and was replaced by a large hill that doesn't exist in real life. Why was it changed? It had looked perfect for the last 4 years, and now its an eyesore.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:27 AM   #20
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

I am not sure if this was changed or maybe a bug but when batting during night games (7pm) in the early innings it is like you are batting in the shade but the lights are on and the lighting looks fine from the broadcast view while pitching or from any other camera during replays. Loaded up 16 and the lighting in early innings of night games looks a lot better in 16. Not sure which has the more realistic lighting but i liked it the way it was in 16. have only played in a few stadiums at night pnc,dodgers,petco.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:51 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 5

They removed the random stat leader/hot+cold players pages from the loading into game screen and now only show lineups/SP screens. Why choose to show less info on the loading screens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2017, 11:54 AM   #22
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
They removed the random stat leader/hot+cold players pages from the loading into game screen and now only show lineups/SP screens. Why choose to show less info on the loading screens
Not true. I've seen both of those that you mentioned in the loading screen.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:56 AM   #23
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
I am not sure if this was changed or maybe a bug but when batting during night games (7pm) in the early innings it is like you are batting in the shade but the lights are on and the lighting looks fine from the broadcast view while pitching or from any other camera during replays. Loaded up 16 and the lighting in early innings of night games looks a lot better in 16. Not sure which has the more realistic lighting but i liked it the way it was in 16. have only played in a few stadiums at night pnc,dodgers,petco.
Yeah this for sure.

Night games at Comerica are rough in the early innings before the lights come on. It's so dark, they would never allow play to continue under those dim conditions.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:07 PM   #24
Rookie

-Camera no longer customizable on CPU vs CPU. This applies in both MLB 2016 and 2017. I initially thought thought it was a bug and reported it. But it was deleted twice, which leads me to believe it was intentionally removed.

-RIP home run cam on/off toggle (20xx-2013)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »