Home

YouTube Gamer Hits 602 Foot Home Run

This is a discussion on YouTube Gamer Hits 602 Foot Home Run within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 02:32 PM   #33
Pro

MLB14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: YouTube Gamer Hits 602 Foot Home Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Why should it not happen? If someone is the best that has ever been at a game, why can they not break records or set new limits of what can and can't be done? What has given you the overwhelming power to say what should or shouldn't be allowed in this game? You don't like that someone can hit a 602 foot homerun at the easiest level with the most powerful player in the game? Move on to something else?
You can dislike what I say all you want, but hating me makes no sense. I'm telling you the truth. My supporting evidence is HR statistics from MLB's website ( http://m.mlb.com/statcast/leaderboard#hr-distance ). The Show is a reality based baseball game.

Also, there has been lots of HRs posted in the longest HR thread here that are over 540 feet and the players hitting them are not maxed out and they're not playing on rookie difficulty and the sliders are default.

Last edited by MLB14; 04-01-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:40 PM   #34
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
You can dislike what I say all you want, but hating me makes no sense. I'm telling you the truth. My supporting evidence is HR statistics from MLB's website. The Show is a reality based baseball game.
No you are telling your truth. The Show is many different types of baseball game. It is a fantasy rpg with RTTS, it is an online card collecting sport game with Diamond Dynasty, it is a retro couch co op with retro mode and play now type games. It is a simulation BASED game with franchise mode. So please, you are entitled to your opinion, but do not get confused that those opinions are facts that the entire world has to agree or adhere to.

I don't hate your or disagree with you. They are you opinions and for you they are valid. But not everyone shares them, so stop acting like they are the only thoughts about this that are valid or right.

ps I am done with all of this. I think I am going to go actually play the game some more.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 04-01-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:45 PM   #35
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
No you are telling your truth. The Show is many different types of baseball game. It is a fantasy rpg with RTTS, it is an online card collecting sport game with Diamond Dynasty, it is a retro couch co op with retro mode and play now type games. It is a simulation BASED game with franchise mode. So please, you are entitled to your opinion, but do not get confused that those opinions are facts that the entire world has to agree or adhere to.

I don't hate your or disagree with you. They are you opinions and for you they are valid. But not everyone shares them, so stop acting like they are the only thoughts about this that are valid or right.
Let me ask you this. In previous versions of MLB The Show, have you ever seen a HR go 600 feet? Have you ever seen one even go over 520 feet? Do you see what I'm saying?

Nobody has to adhere to me. I'm saying that HRs like that should not be happening in this game. They never happened in previous versions, so it's probably due to the newly implemented in-air ball physics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

MLB14, how many 600 foot dingers you hit in the Show so far?
I havent hit any and I havent even hit one nearly to 500 foot.

A Work in Progress
Old 04-01-2017, 03:24 PM   #37
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
MLB14, how many 600 foot dingers you hit in the Show so far?
I havent hit any and I havent even hit one nearly to 500 foot.
Look at the longest HR thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p?p=2048759187

Here's long HRs from last year's game:

Top 10 List (Only In-Game, No Home-Run Derby):
1. 505 FT - miamidaddy
2. 501 FT - Gosens6
3. 498 FT - CloudCrew's brother
3. 498 FT - Cman9
5. 497 FT - PhilliesFan13
6. 495 FT - sweatpants
7. 490 FT - HypoLuxa13
8. 488 FT - kilmar1
9. 481 FT - xstcopleyx
10. 478 FT - DrYCeLL
10. 478 FT - midnightbottle
10. 478 FT - steagles

Top 10 List (including Home-Run Derby):
1. 547 FT - mokena
2. 543 FT - tc020791
3. 532 FT - kmoser
4. 517 FT - Ed21
5. 509 FT - Shadow_Movement
6. 505 FT - miamidaddy
7. 504 FT - TheMadleR
8. 502 FT - EmbraceThePace
9. 501 FT - Gosens6
10. 499 FT - Bluengold34_OS

and here's real stats from last year.. http://m.mlb.com/statcast/leaderboard#hr-distance

Last edited by MLB14; 04-01-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:39 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

adjusting sliders and maxing out my players attribute and zeroing out the other teams player attributes I can throw no-hit complete game shutouts every game, which isnt very realistic.
but if I use the correct sim sliders I cant. same for homerun distances. I dont think I'm in any danger of hitting 500 foot bombs anytime soon lol

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 04-01-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:41 PM   #39
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
adjusting sliders and maxing out my players attribute and zeroing out the other teams player attributes I can throw no-hit complete game shutouts, which isnt very realistic.
but if I use the correct sim sliders I cant. same for homerun distances. I dont think I'm in any danger of hitting 500 foot bombs anytime soon lol
OK.. Sliders can only do so much.
sent from a mobile device
Old 04-01-2017, 04:14 PM   #40
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
Let me ask you this. In previous versions of MLB The Show, have you ever seen a HR go 600 feet? Have you ever seen one even go over 520 feet? Do you see what I'm saying?

Nobody has to adhere to me. I'm saying that HRs like that should not be happening in this game. They never happened in previous versions, so it's probably due to the newly implemented in-air ball physics.
No I have never seen a 600 foot home run. That doesn't mean they should or could never happen. I am saying though that not everybody is seeing this problem, not everybody thinks this is a problem or just doesn't care.

Personally I am not seeing it. I have hit 10 Home Runs is 6 games in my Franchise in Spring Training. Not one has been over 500 feet and no one who shouldn't has hit a home run. Harper has hit 4, Murphy 4, Turner 1 and Zimmerman 1. Most of these were late innings with relief pitchers. I dont see anything unusual in my numbers.

I don't care what happened in previous games either, you know why. I am not playing them anymore! If I cared what happened in MLB The Show 14 I would still be playing MLB The Show 14.

You all can create whatever drama you want to create for yourselves, thats fine. I chose to play and have fun. If I have issues, well I try to find solutions to them, not just create thread after thread hashing on the same issues. If I can't find something to help. Well I either live with it or move on to another game. I don't continue to holler about it and convince everybody that they are wrong because they dont feel the same way I do.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »