Home

Is Dynasty Diamond worth it for offline play only?

This is a discussion on Is Dynasty Diamond worth it for offline play only? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2017, 03:35 AM   #1
Rookie

JasonIsGod's Arena

OVR: 0
Is Dynasty Diamond worth it for offline play only?

I'm thinking about trying it out this year, just wondering if it's fun offline only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2017, 03:49 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Is Dynasty Diamond worth it for offline play only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonIsGod
I'm thinking about trying it out this year, just wondering if it's fun offline only.
Conquest is
Old 04-02-2017, 04:13 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Just play online DD is so much fun.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:58 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
To me, it's more fun offline (vs AI) than online (vs humans), I enjoy playing conquest and CPU games to advance missions and earn stubs.

Of course, you still need to be online all the time.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelch
To me, it's more fun offline (vs AI) than online (vs humans), I enjoy playing conquest and CPU games to advance missions and earn stubs.

Of course, you still need to be online all the time.

Call me stupid, but, I honestly don't get Conquest. I fully understand the goal behind it, but, the stealing fans, reinforcements, etc. It's just not explained well and it's kind of frustrating. I watched a YouTube video a guy named CardinalBird made and he barely explained anything.

That being said, Conquest seems to be the best way to play solo for the rewards you get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2017, 09:03 AM   #6
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
It's my first year trying DD and I am really enjoying it. I'm also a guy that avoid h2h play due to "cheese."

I haven't seen that this year. If you can be patient at the plate, you can do very well h2h in this game. Most players swing at just about ANYTHING. Once you get an opponent who realizes you won't chase, you get pretty solid games.

vs CPU is also fun and I am thoroughly enjoying that as well. You can still earn plenty of rewards and as other have said, Conquest is perfect for solo players. Plenty of rewards and you can "grind" out games quickly b/c they are 3 inning matchups.

I also think it is easier to jump into DD b/c the player cards are dynamic in rating and will go up and down throughout the season as a player performs IRL on the field. This is nice b/c it negates the MUT effect of one player having 8 different cards. AFAIK, you have what are called "Live" player cards which have the dynamic ratings, you have "Flashbacks" of a players breakout season or rookie card and you have "Legends." That's it. Plus, with dynamic ratings for the cards, you can stock up on cheap cards for guys you think will breakout and just hold on to them and sell them for big profit.

Finally, I really enjoy DD b/c it honestly let's me build the team I believe is the best and still compete with guys who have nothing but gold and diamond players. You can't do that on MUT. You go up against all 99's and you're done. In this game, I can keep Kevin Kiermaier 84 in CF b/c I believe he is the best CF'er in the league and he runs down everything and I don't have to feel compelled to discard him b/c some OP 99 OVR diamond card is on the market.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #7
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

I set up my team as usual but I feel like I'm trying to play too many modes at once.
I've been playing mostly RTTS(it's been a blast so far) while I wait for the OSFM rosters.
When I play Conquest or any other DD mode I'm not feeling committed enough, I'd rather play franchise or start a short seasons mode with an all prospects team (did this in last year's game, it's a lot of fun!)

My suggestion is limit the modes you play at one time, if you're going to give DD a try, commit and play it for a while to see all the things it has to offer.

I'll continue using DD but I won't play much, because I'm a sucker for collecting cards and rewards. 😁

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #8
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
Call me stupid, but, I honestly don't get Conquest. I fully understand the goal behind it, but, the stealing fans, reinforcements, etc. It's just not explained well and it's kind of frustrating. I watched a YouTube video a guy named CardinalBird made and he barely explained anything.

That being said, Conquest seems to be the best way to play solo for the rewards you get.
I complete agree, I have no idea if I'm playing Conquest "right" and it seems like it takes a long time to "win". I feel no motivation to play the mode but that's just me.
Most of the time when I do play I feel so much anxiety because I don't know what I'm doing, it seems like an endless tug-of-war.

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »