Home

Problems with player development?

This is a discussion on Problems with player development? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2017, 06:49 PM   #33
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Problems with player development?

Player development seems fine to me. I've run numerous sims with the Yankees and my players turn out to be pretty good. Heck I had Mateo starting in the first season and he progressed from a 66 to a 90 in about 5 years. I would say once your guys get to the 70s to call them up
Old 04-10-2017, 06:52 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler300820
I'm having the same gripe with Kyle Barraclaugh of the Marlins. 85 overall with a D potential. I didn't even bother looking to see if it was 69 or 61.
Yeah, I think Turner's potential is an 81, which is crazy.

Villar is the posterboy for this. He's a stud in this game, but with a C potential...
Old 04-18-2017, 02:01 PM   #35
Banned

ok i know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the "medical report trading" idea is a horrible enough idea to make me take the time to leave a reply. lol.

Mr. Madison what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Billy Madison

Maybe there could be an option in training during the offseason where you can choose to risk your players taking steroids for a huge ratings boost. But theres a 50% chance of getting caught and getting suspended. 1st offense wouldnt bethat long of suspension but would do major damage to his morale and the morale of coaches and managers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2017, 03:56 PM   #36
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

I think the solution to the whole low potential/static slightly dull potential problem would be to adopt the classic Championship Manager potential system, instead of just a predetermined number.

In Championship manager, potential values for established players went from 0-200, but for prospects they instead got -1 to -10, with each number representing a range instead of a specific value. So a top prospect wold have potential -10, which would mean a random potential between 180 and 200. A real long shot prospect would have a potential of -1, which would mean a random potential between 0 and 200. It resulted in new players developing into world beaters each time you played, along with adding a lot more randomness to who would make it and who wouldn't. So in the Show terms, if A potential meant 90-100, but C meant anywhere between 70-100.

Players would come out of nowhere, your unfancied deep draft picks like Keirmaiers and Piazza would have a chance to become top players instead of everyones ability being so restricted by an artificial ceiling of that preset potential figure. The better prospects still have a far better chance of becoming the best players, but every player has a chance.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:49 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
I think the solution to the whole low potential/static slightly dull potential problem would be to adopt the classic Championship Manager potential system, instead of just a predetermined number.

In Championship manager, potential values for established players went from 0-200, but for prospects they instead got -1 to -10, with each number representing a range instead of a specific value. So a top prospect wold have potential -10, which would mean a random potential between 180 and 200. A real long shot prospect would have a potential of -1, which would mean a random potential between 0 and 200. It resulted in new players developing into world beaters each time you played, along with adding a lot more randomness to who would make it and who wouldn't. So in the Show terms, if A potential meant 90-100, but C meant anywhere between 70-100.

Players would come out of nowhere, your unfancied deep draft picks like Keirmaiers and Piazza would have a chance to become top players instead of everyones ability being so restricted by an artificial ceiling of that preset potential figure. The better prospects still have a far better chance of becoming the best players, but every player has a chance.
I would pay to have that as a feature.

Well, not really. But it would make franchise instantly 100% more enjoyable.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:59 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar

I love this idea, I really hope something like this gets implemented next year, the progression/regression and potential systems are getting stale and unenjoyable as I constantly have to look around the league and edit guys. That takes a lot of time and kills my interest in franchise, the only mode I play.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:50 AM   #39
Pro

I personally would like them to use the 20-80 for all players and hide potential. This would make player development feel more organic because you would promote/demote players based on performance and not their ratings or potential.

I know I will leave a guy in the minors forever, even if he's playing well, if he has low ratings and a low potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 05-06-2017, 10:28 PM   #40
MVP

Am I the only one who is seeing my starting pitchers all regress in stamina? In mid May every single starting pitcher is regressing in stamina.

Franchise mode needs a major fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »