Home

Stat overlays

This is a discussion on Stat overlays within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2017, 04:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Stat overlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by djep
Sort of on topic and is something pretty simple I am missing but I have yet to see the Showtrack pop up in any of my games no matter which presentation package I choose. Not on home runs, close plays or anything. Is there some option that I just missed?
Exactly This...
Old 04-04-2017, 06:13 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I saw it in the first game I played, in the first inning, on a fairly routine ground ball to SS that Xander Bogaerts fielded in the hole. Haven't seen it since.

My guess is it's totally random?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 6

Lack of OSD in any mode is concerning. Let's hope someone forgot to turn back on that widget and wil be patched. Part of what makes franchise baseball great is all the OSD stats

Last edited by knich; 04-04-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2017, 08:35 PM   #12
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm watching MLB Network now and it looks like they tweaked their overlays a little bit. Also, does it bug anyone else that they show the batters handedness under their jersey number instead of their position?

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-04-2017, 08:53 PM   #13
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Another thing that bugs the heck out of me with the game. It's so maddening that they do the gameplay so right but everything outside is lacking.

After watching opening day games, there are so many OSD's going on these days. Everything from advanced stats for each pitch to the WSH broadcast showing a ton of Statcast.

Operation Sports OOTP League
Old 04-04-2017, 09:06 PM   #14
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2

Add me to the list who haven't once seen the OSD. Disappointing, especially since I hit a 509 foot bomb. Where are the launch angles and velocities on that?!?
Old 04-04-2017, 09:19 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Stat overlays have been a disappointment year after year.

I have seen the showtrack for one home run and every time Rajai Davis scores from second lol.

Initially, I was impressed with the feature, but it gets a bit old after awhile. There is only so many times I can hear that Rajai Davis is running anywhere from 18-20 mph.

The other stat overlays that I see from time to time that I like much better and add to the presentation:

After stolen bases
After some rbis
After doubles
Pitcher Starter Comparison
Standings
Pitcher's line (this one is quite rare)

However, as has been said in general the OSDs are infrequent. I wish we could get a couple dynamic ones per inning that reference team rankings in the last ten games, player leaders last ten games etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2017, 10:16 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by isherdish
Stat overlays have been a disappointment year after year.

I have seen the showtrack for one home run and every time Rajai Davis scores from second lol.

Initially, I was impressed with the feature, but it gets a bit old after awhile. There is only so many times I can hear that Rajai Davis is running anywhere from 18-20 mph.

The other stat overlays that I see from time to time that I like much better and add to the presentation:

After stolen bases
After some rbis
After doubles
Pitcher Starter Comparison
Standings
Pitcher's line (this one is quite rare)

However, as has been said in general the OSDs are infrequent. I wish we could get a couple dynamic ones per inning that reference team rankings in the last ten games, player leaders last ten games etc
At this point, I would take that...I have seen zero, none, zilch. I thought you would see them if you chose the MLB Network Presentation, instead of Theme 1 or 2. But unless it is patched, There is no difference except for the MLB Network logo on the score banner. I really liked what they showed during the Livestream.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »