Home

The hitting in this game is off...

This is a discussion on The hitting in this game is off... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2017, 05:13 PM   #57
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The hitting in this game is off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw23eagle
I haven't touched the sliders yet - I had ~ 25 or so between AA-AAA-MLB.

It's almost like the game is "doing it" because some balls I time up and put a good swing on, and get the no-doubt trajectory, only to be caught at the track. Or I'll launch one and it'll hook foul, but when it is in play seeing eye singles and the only double I've had is a stretched single lol.

Interesting to say the least.
For me personally while I could see how it could be kinda frustrating, after playing this game for years I would be enjoying the hell out of that kinda variety.

Honestly I think you might've just detailed the most interesting rtts stats/player I've seen on this site lol. But if it's bothering you you could just bump Human power up a click, but again personally I'd stick with it and see how interesting it becomes.

Maybe you hit .300 this year with 10 or so dingers, then come back next season and hit .270 with 40 of 'em who knows?

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 04-05-2017, 05:24 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayheykid01
Not sure if you're using zone hitting or not, but if you are just anticipate fastballs inside. Every time the pitcher releases in this game I'm assuming it's inside heat, if it's not I adjust toward the outside of the plate because I want to be later on those pitches anyway.

Unlike real life, you don't have to worry about your hips/shoulder opening too early so you can look fastball in and adjust accordingly. Not trying to give any sort of lesson or anything, but it's helped me be able to hit that low and outside slider that used to be a huge problem.

Nothing wrong with getting jammed every once in a while either, good hitters get jammed.
Thanks man but I am strictly directional. I think I need to find a camera that works. Currently using show 16'. Every other camera feels to close or two far away
Old 04-05-2017, 05:41 PM   #59
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

I think the hitting in this years game is the best it's ever been. Just my opinion.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 04-17-2017, 08:47 PM   #60
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

Well I don't want too much realism if it gets in the way of fun. Getting a pitch in the middle of the plate only to hit a weak pop fly with Freddie Freeman is not fun.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:18 AM   #61
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake07
Well I don't want too much realism if it gets in the way of fun. Getting a pitch in the middle of the plate only to hit a weak pop fly with Freddie Freeman is not fun.

I don't mind the odd one here and there, but I also get angry when my pitches float over the middle (which they seem to do a lot) and get crushed9/10 times. The cpu does pitch to the heart of the plate too much, and I feel I hit far too many of them very weakly. Infield popups on BP fastballs 7+ times a game is borderline awful. Yet my missed pitches seem to drift over the heart of the plate and get smashed. Both scenarios are a bit unrealistic in that neither should happen nearly as frequently and the outcomes for both shouldn't be that linear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2017, 01:31 PM   #62
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0

We have this discussion every year, and every year people take player's year long batting averages to explain why you miss hit so many balls that you were sitting on and went right where you "aimed". Thats such bad logic. You think Miguel Cabrera hits .300 on fastballs down the middle in 2-0 counts when hes sitting on that pitch? Guess what, he doesnt.

Last edited by mikeq672; 04-18-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:26 PM   #63
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

so I figure something out its not the hitting is off its what option we use for hitting is whats affecting the game. I always use directional but I wasnt getting the hits like I thought I should be getting. next time I was at bat I use zone move the cursor down and bam home run. I'm never going back to directional again
Old 04-18-2017, 10:00 PM   #64
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
We have this discussion every year, and every year people take player's year long batting averages to explain why you miss hit so many balls that you were sitting on and went right where you "aimed". Thats such bad logic. You think Miguel Cabrera hits .300 on fastballs down the middle in 2-0 counts when hes sitting on that pitch? Guess what, he doesnt.

He doesn't hit .100 either. It's not real baseball, we all get that and we also understand that real baseball is really hard. Hitting is arguably the toughest thing to do in sports, but when pitchers screw up and leave stuff hanging against guys like Miguel they will get punished. Not always, and maybe not even as much as we think, but they do get punished, so when you're stuck hitting popups and the only thing you could have done correctly (literally) doesn't translate to any reward - it's less than awesome.

I still say it's input method. I just played a game on zone without moving the PCI, got 14 hits, 4 homeruns. I'm 3 innings into the exact same game using directional...no hits, all weak popups and foul tips. Not saying I should get 14 hits and 4 homeruns, but damn, I shouldn't be able to predict my (lack of) hits as well as one can the lunar cycle. It's linear and bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »