Home

starting new franchise dilema

This is a discussion on starting new franchise dilema within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #17
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: starting new franchise dilema

As a fellow chronic franchise not-finisher, I think this year what I'm going to do is play until I'm bored, then just sim the season. Go through the offseason stuff, then you have a pretty new team with guys leaving, free agents signed, and development of prospects (Shoutout OSFM Hybrid Roster) and then just play until you're bored with that team. This is how my brother and I used to run NBA 2K franchises and we played one out over 30+ years. (Paul Peters, that guy was 6' 6" and couldn't make a dunk but man could he make a 3).

- Rick Wise
Old 04-06-2017, 08:34 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quick manage and jump in whenever you have a runner in scoring position, and jump in to pitch in the same situations. Then if you're down in the seventh inning and later I jump in whenever there's a runner on any base, and jump in to pitch whenever there's a runner on any base. And when you've settled into the season I hand pick teams I want to play a full game against. Usually a team w a really good record, a really bad record, or a division rival.

Then if you reach the playoffs that's when you can play every game.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:09 PM   #19
Rookie

yungkingston's Arena

OVR: 0

I play all games up to the all star break and then sim until the final week or two depending on my playoff position. Then play all postseason games. Anybody in here that can play all 162 plus postseason is a monster.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:20 PM   #20
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1

I just tried quick counts for the first time ever and it's amazing! The downsides are a plenty (pinch hit, steal, bunt, bullpen, etc. is not ideal with a pre-loaded count, no chance to swing first or second pitch ever, etc.) but it's still well worth it! I'll never play any other way again. Game times get cut in half or more.

Maybe they should add a "manage" button before the at-bat, so you can do stuff before being forced into that pre-loaded count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You could play with quick counts. That will speed up the games. Also with the carryover franchise feature, you could always carryover your franchise from '17 to '18 and continue to build your team.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:12 AM   #21
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

Well, I've been convinced of Quick Counts. I'm definitely going to give it a shot this year.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 12:23 AM   #22
Rookie

I carried over my save file from MLB16. Works great, minus players no longer in the game (jose fernandez, greg holland, etc.) all of a sudden having generic names/appearances. going to end my 2nd season soon and I enter all the games, though i definitely will quick manage portions of games as well, especially late in the season because it looks like I aint makin the playoffs this year

anyways, carry over save is how i stopped restarting my franchise frequently. now my concern is all the negative reports ive read about player progression & prospect development as you get 5, 6, 7 years into a chize. apparently no prospects develop to trout, harper, stud levels and the **** where random homies' ratings drop off dramatically starts to have a bigger impact.

also frustrating that there is no menu to look at past season stats, standings, or even playoff results.

go padres
Old 04-08-2017, 10:32 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 7

I will add to this discussion another way to cut down on time spent on each game while maintaining some control: player lock for 6-7 innings then full control for last few. It's a great way to have some impact on the game, then be able to have full control during the most important innings
Old 04-08-2017, 11:14 AM   #24
Dead Solid Perfect

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiser66
I will add to this discussion another way to cut down on time spent on each game while maintaining some control: player lock for 6-7 innings then full control for last few. It's a great way to have some impact on the game, then be able to have full control during the most important innings
I like this but sometimes them most important inning come early.

Syracuse #44

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »