Home

Winning Roster Spot

This is a discussion on Winning Roster Spot within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2017, 04:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Winning Roster Spot

I want to try something new this year in my franchise and I wanna know all your thoughts.

In the MLB there are always players who win a roster spot and become very good players and vice versa-but in a video game its more static because of overalls and potentials. Which sucks cause a guy thats doing really well in the minors or spring training with OVR 66 and POT of D will never be "good". Id like to base it of stats rather than potential or overall.

I wanna make my franchise more dynamic and not just the same players always in the majors. For example if a guy in the majors is struggling I wanna send him down lower his stats and see if he can do better in the minors until I call him up again. Kinda like Ubaldo jimenez who was a 20 game winner and then went downhill. Or a guy in the minors is doing well I raise his stats and see if he can stay up and be everyday player.

Im curious what do you guys think? What do you do in your franchise?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 05:25 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Winning Roster Spot

I think it would be cool.Will you be posting a franchise thread with updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks
Old 04-08-2017, 06:06 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 20

Yeah this kinda blows about all sports games, and there's always been a small push over the years that ratings should be hidden for this exact reason. Baseball in particular is weird because there's always an instance or two where the real club will call someone up who's a 58 in the game, passing on a half-dozen guys who are 65, 68, 71, etc.

I tend to *try* to just ignore ratings and go straight performance. And come to think of it it's not that hard; if I need a reliever, I'll call up the guy with the 1.15 WHIP and 2.23 ERA whether he's a 55 or 75. I'll pass on the guy with a 5.88 ERA no matter his rating. Etc. Who deserves to be called up? Not who's the highest rated dude.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:24 PM   #4
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Yeah this kinda blows about all sports games, and there's always been a small push over the years that ratings should be hidden for this exact reason. Baseball in particular is weird because there's always an instance or two where the real club will call someone up who's a 58 in the game, passing on a half-dozen guys who are 65, 68, 71, etc.

I tend to *try* to just ignore ratings and go straight performance. And come to think of it it's not that hard; if I need a reliever, I'll call up the guy with the 1.15 WHIP and 2.23 ERA whether he's a 55 or 75. I'll pass on the guy with a 5.88 ERA no matter his rating. Etc. Who deserves to be called up? Not who's the highest rated dude.
I would do this with relievers because they can have 1 or 2 effective pitches but not have a high rating but idk about position players. I guess if they have high contact they could hit but have a low rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »