Home

Humanity AI = Myth?

This is a discussion on Humanity AI = Myth? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #25
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Humanity AI = Myth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy_Duhz_it_
Getting really old? Have we met? This is probably my 10th post in this forum and I'm pretty positive I've never seen you before.

Link me to some of these many complaints that I've made though. I'd love to see your reaction when you realize you're probably thinking about someone else...
My apologies I did edit my wording and did not mean to direct it solely at you. There was a whole paragraph I edited out by mistake. It was directed at the crowd that just constantly defends there position of either side without letting any other facts in and was directed at both side of the argument. It was again not meant to be directed solely at you.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #26
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy_Duhz_it_
Lose*

You've never had an unexplained error happen on a routine play and then the entire game turns around in a matter of minutes? Must be playing a different game than most of us.
Braves lost a game yesterday because Freddie Freeman couldn't catch a pick off throw from Julio Teheran, Brandon Phillips couldn't complete a double play and Jose Ramirez threw straight fastballs. It happens...a lot.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:28 PM   #27
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Braves lost a game yesterday because Freddie Freeman couldn't catch a pick off throw from Julio Teheran, Brandon Phillips couldn't complete a double play and Jose Ramirez threw straight fastballs. It happens...a lot.
My personal favorite is the ball sticking to the Catcher chest protector. Could you imagine if that happened in The Show.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:40 PM   #28
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
My personal favorite is the ball sticking to the Catcher chest protector. Could you imagine if that happened in The Show.
As a Cubs fan, who is sick and tired of some of my friends who are Cardinals fans constantly talking about "The Cardinal Way", there are not enough thumbs up I can give to show how much I like your post.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #29
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
As a Cubs fan, who is sick and tired of some of my friends who are Cardinals fans constantly talking about "The Cardinal Way", there are not enough thumbs up I can give to show how much I like your post.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:52 PM   #30
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I haven't really been paying much attention to this but I'll start keeping an eye out for these types of things. I really liked this addition when They brought it up in the streams. Anything that makes the CPU act more like a User is all positive from my end.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:19 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker40
I think humanity AI isn't making bad reads on balls or anything. It means that the fielders will have the presence of mind to start their throwing animation based on who is running. If the CPU runner is slow, the fielder can take his time and still get an out. A fast runner and the fielder knows he has to get the ball out faster to get an out. I see this multiple times a game.
Is part of the "humanity AI" not just speeding up or slowing down throws, it in encompasses success and failures of routes and throws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2017, 03:36 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

WTH? This has to be a bug...no?...No way this happens in a real life game of baseball...I never seen it in prior MLBTS..This is a new one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
This has happened to me a lot on butting plays against the CPU. Well I guess the pitcher did show urgency in running toward the 1st base bag.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »