Home

Five Tips to Improve Your Hitting in MLB The Show 17

This is a discussion on Five Tips to Improve Your Hitting in MLB The Show 17 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2017, 01:05 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Five Tips to Improve Your Hitting in MLB The Show 17

I think the most frustrating thing for me is, I swing and foul off more pitches than I put in play and the timing indicator consistently says "good." I could go into so much more, but if you have consistently "good" timing, you're not fouling them off...you're putting them in play.

EDIT: Even just used ShowTime in my RTTS...somehow a swing and a miss. Timing indicator says it was "good." Literally scratching my head and I've never been so frustrated because I legitimately feel like me making contact is almost random. I know it isn't because you obviously have the have timing down, but when the indicator is telling me that I have good timing but I swing and miss?

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)

Last edited by Bigsheen; 04-13-2017 at 02:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2017, 09:08 AM   #26
Just started!

OVR: 0
@bigsheen What difficulty and what batting type are you using? (zone vs directional vs analog) I ask because you have the most control over where you're swinging with zone, whereas with directional and analog I feel as if its more luck based where your bat is actually going through the zone. Also, in real life, even perfect timing doesn't always result in a hit. I know of many times that major leaguers put perfect timing on a ball just to foul it back. That isn't to denigrate your frustration just to say hey maybe the game programmed certain situations with good timing to result in foul balls because of other things (like the batting PCI for example)
Old 04-13-2017, 09:29 AM   #27
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

I have improved my hitting tremendously over the past couple years. I went from using Veteran primarily and struggling on All-Star to using All-Star primarily and experimenting with HoF. Getting used to a particular camera can help. But for me, the best thing was upgrading to a larger, better TV. I went from a 46" fixed-base to a 60" on a full motion mount. This way I can angle the TV exactly how I like it. I can see the ball and pick up the pitcher's motion so much better.

Also, don't be afraid to have 2 strikes. If you are swinging at pitcher's strikes when you have 0 or 1 strike counts, you are doing them a favor. I routinely work full counts and walks even when I start off an at-bat down in the count. The more pitches you see in an at-bat, the more likely you are to get one that you can get good wood on. If you are down 0-1 and the next pitch looks like it is going to be a borderline strike, that doesn't mean you have to swing at it just because you are afraid to be down 0-2.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:15 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

I like to try to average seeing at least 10 pitches an inning. Helps me make sure I'm taking more pitches and helps up the pitch count of the starting pitcher, getting me to the bullpen sooner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »