Home

OS community: How can we improve Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on OS community: How can we improve Franchise Mode? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2017, 01:12 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OS community: How can we improve Franchise Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3no_11
I haven't had an MLBTS since 13 on PS3 so I am blown away by about everything with how much the game has improved, but it is very disappointing they had to involve stubs currency into offline modes just out of greediness.
I'm like you. I remember playing MLB '09, but I hadn't even played a baseball game since then until I bought '16. '17 is amazing, so much better than my previous favorite: MVP '05. But all of these online thrills / arcade modes / in-game purchases aren't my thing. I don't blame them for doing it, and they're not bad ideas. But I've been a Franchise guy since High Heat 2001, and I don't have interest in anything else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2017, 01:13 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 4

Offline franchise is where this game really stands out. I don't see any problems with it honestly
Old 04-14-2017, 01:15 PM   #67
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

I personally am all about presentation in this game and there is a laundry list of things that I would love to see this game get in but probably never will because of too many people "button mash" through cut scenes.

Immersion is the "key to a franchise. True? true. ok here is my list of things that IMO need to be added to make this game really great...

1. every opening day (home or away) actually do what they do in real life and go through all the pomp and circumstance of it. take the time to have the PA announcer all the coaches and players for the team. L et them line up as in real life.

Yes, that would take time but I for one would love it...

2. once again a time-consuming cut scene but again it is all about getting you into the moments. If a player on your team has won any awards have a pre-game ceremony for them as they do in real life on their home opening game.

3. Did anyone watch the cubs first home games this year? raising the World Series Banner as a team, then two nights later doing the ring ceremony... I would love to see those in the game... I personally would love to have it be a thing even if you were playing the team that won it... immersion... people.. immersion...

3. Quick Pitch shows with Heidi Watney after the end of each game... Ok maybe not full on studio shows and don't get me wrong I love the radio show but a daily highlight show would be awesome... MLB Network immersion.

4. I would love to watch an actual game with them the team that is.. more cut scenes as in a real life broadcast...

there is a lot more but the wife has a tv on in the background and can't think... SCEA... PLEASE watch an actual game on MLBN and just take note of every detail you see from the commentary on the cut scenes to the overlays everything... button mashers will always be speed demons but there are some of us that want to have more in our games... I never push X on anything... I always allow my catcher to give signs... count to 3-5 then release the pitch...

I would love to see this game get more immersive from the real life broadcast POV... that is all I have ever wanted
Old 04-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwoodz
Offline franchise is where this game really stands out. I don't see any problems with it honestly
Does it bother you when player ratings drop because they're mad about a contract you can't modify in-season?
Old 04-14-2017, 01:56 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

as for what could be bought and sold in franchise mode micro-transaction style
maybe super advanced stat tracking from year to year, you could decide how many stats you want to track, box scores from year to year, all saved in an on-line cloud, not the hardrive.
but the pushback from some consumers "we should get all that free" and the resulting bad publicity will be why it wont work, but for the moment assume we lived in a sane world. They could sell different season schedules, Sony would only be limited by imagination.

A Work in Progress
Old 04-14-2017, 02:01 PM   #70
Rookie

Interesting idea, Caulfield. For me, I would only pay for things I feel like are motivating the developers to keep improving the mode. How do we do that?

Here's a radically different idea: in-game crowd-funding based on a developer-provided wish list. Developers provide a network-wide poll with 20 different Franchise wishes. Gamers vote on which ones are most important, and then they can each pay a small amount to fund the wish and make it a reality.

That way, we're paying for exactly what we want, and we're giving direct feedback to help developers know what we want and in what order.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:10 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwoodz
Have you gone years-deep? How those cpu-generated prospects working for you? How's scouting after the draft working for you? Extend many contracts in-season? How do you set your ticket prices?

Sorry for the smartassery, but...

And yes, I love the mode too, but it has LOTS of problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2017, 02:35 PM   #72
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPeener
Interesting idea, Caulfield. For me, I would only pay for things I feel like are motivating the developers to keep improving the mode. How do we do that?

Here's a radically different idea: in-game crowd-funding based on a developer-provided wish list. Developers provide a network-wide poll with 20 different Franchise wishes. Gamers vote on which ones are most important, and then they can each pay a small amount to fund the wish and make it a reality.

That way, we're paying for exactly what we want, and we're giving direct feedback to help developers know what we want and in what order.
Hold on, maybe I'm confused.

Your idea would be for the customer to pay to have a new feature/wish added to the game? On top of paying the $60 price tag?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding???

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »