Home

Franchise mode simulation question?

This is a discussion on Franchise mode simulation question? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise mode simulation question?

I just played through my first season using primarily quick manage. Very seldom do I actually play a full game, but quick manage allows me to still feel very involved. As mentioned, you can easily get lost and a little eager simming months at a time.

I'll jump in and hit late in the game if I'm down a run or two, or at other key times. I also sometimes likebto hit for the first inning and then switch to quick manage

What about this idea? Too time intensive for me but some of you might like it...every game, play the first inning, then switch to quick. Jump in If you feel like it.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:40 PM   #18
Rookie

What I found best for me was play 1, sim 5, but I'd play the moments that were intriguing and I did play all MLB network games and I had the Braves in the playoff hunt, so I played all of September, it is a grind for sure, but over the course of the year, I'd say I played pretty close to half of my games. I don't have as much time as I used to, which is unfortunate.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:59 PM   #19
Rookie

Surg2k's Arena

OVR: 1

Love this thread, this is a predicament for me. I want to play all the games but want to get through multiple off seasons. I didnt play 17 much at the beginning of the year and am debating on starting a new Franchise today and just power through and transfer to 18. I need to get this figured out soon so I can play multiple seasons and enjoy this game to the fullest.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:11 PM   #20
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

I usually play at least one game every series, usually two. Series against rivals and interleague games I'll usually play them all. Everything else I would just sim. Starting last year I would use quick manage instead of just simming. This made me feel more a part of what happens, and I would jump in for big situations here and there.

Games where I was getting blown out or blowing out the other team (5+ runs) after the 5th inning, I would jump to quick manage for the rest of the game, jumping back in if needed.

With this, I end up playing 9 full innings of about 80-90 games. Then partial innings of another 20-30 games. Quick manage 9 innings all the rest. This worked well for me last year and I plan on doing the same this season.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:39 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6
Franchise mode simulation question?

Play all games against division teams, and play first game only of all other series.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 10:15 PM   #22
Rookie

rockme71's Arena

I play one game a series, and keep track of the starter I use, so I use my starters equally throughout the season.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:10 PM   #23
Rookie

baseball_fever's Arena

Great thread!

I play one in full.
Then Quick manage the next game (but jump in during parts I find important)

And rotate that for the course of the season.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:12 PM   #24
Rookie

abclefty12's Arena

I love this thread! I'm always curious how everyone plays. I've never liked simming entire games because I feel disconnected. Last year, I player locked until the 7th inning and then played the remaining 3 innings like Rich does on the Press Row Podcast (highly recommended). It can still be a grind though. Ideally, I wish The Show would make critical moments in franchise mode much more frequent so we could still influence all 162 in some way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »