Home

Franchise mode simulation question?

This is a discussion on Franchise mode simulation question? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2018, 01:54 PM   #25
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Franchise mode simulation question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abclefty12
Last year, I player locked until the 7th inning and then played the remaining 3 innings like Rich does on the Press Row Podcast (highly recommended).
I never used player lock in Franchise. I may try it this year. It should be fun with guys like Judge, Stanton, Sanchez, Bird, Didi, etc. Or if I see a player slumping I may player lock and try and get him out of it instead of quick managing and leaving it to the roll of a dice!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2018, 12:33 PM   #26
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

As playing with the Phillies and stinking in Mlb the show. I simulate all games into year 2 or 3 when I have a better roster. Then quick manage playoff games and games closer to the playoffs.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:23 AM   #27
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Typically, I either play every game, or sim the whole season. I would never flip between the two. I just wouldn't feel "real" to me. For example, I played all 162 games in 2016, simmed all of 2017, then played all 162 in 2018 in my most recent franchise.

In years past though, if I have a bad team, sometimes I'll play every game until some point in August after the trade deadline, then sim the rest.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:01 PM   #28
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
How often do most of you simulate games for the season while feeling immersed ? I dont want to sim too much but i also dont want to take 3 months to get through a season. I want to be able to feel involved like i do in madden. Its impossible to play every game. Trust me i tryed. I make to to about 40 in a row and i just stop playing..lol. this year i want to try a different approach. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
I get you. I always struggle with wanting ratings to come into play BUT also having fun playing the game.
Too much sim's and I feel it takes away from feeling "Involved" in my franchise.

So what I finally did later in my '17 Franchise was:
I play the first game of a series.
The second game I player lock on a player (Rotate each time P then catcher then 1B etc..)
Then I Manage/Sim the 3rd/4th...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-02-2018, 04:51 PM   #29
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

My routine is this:

Division rivals I play two games of the series, other teams I play just one game.

- Tie games I both pitch and hit
- If I'm behind, I only hit
- If I'm ahead, I only pitch

I try to keep track of the starters I use, so I make sure I used them all evenly. However, some pitching matchups are too hard to pass up.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:53 PM   #30
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0

I have 3 Franchises always. A MoM, a play, and a GM. For the MoM and Play, I full manage and play all 162 games. To me its the only way it feels authentic. My GM one, I sim all the games (I sim one day at a time) and just handle the GM duties. I use the Indians for all three franchises. Its neat to see the 3 totally different outcomes.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 03-04-2018, 10:27 AM   #31
Rookie

I personally feel like this is ruining the game for the guys who actually like to grind in franchise, the dev team is constantly trying to cater to people who want to play the game without wanting to play the game.

Just try player locking with a different person each day, each game will take a a minute or two. Unless you player lock with a pitcher, but even those games won't take long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2018, 02:02 PM   #32
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

For my franchise that I don’t play all 162 games, I usually play one game in every series based on pitching matchup, importance, etc. And then sim the rest. I play every postseason game unless I’m up 2-0 or 3-0. Then I’ll sim until it’s 2-1 or 3-2. Except in the World Series. I play all of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »