Home

Franchise mode simulation question?

This is a discussion on Franchise mode simulation question? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2017, 04:39 PM   #1
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0
Franchise mode simulation question?

How often do most of you simulate games for the season while feeling immersed ? I dont want to sim too much but i also dont want to take 3 months to get through a season. I want to be able to feel involved like i do in madden. Its impossible to play every game. Trust me i tryed. I make to to about 40 in a row and i just stop playing..lol. this year i want to try a different approach. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2017, 05:01 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Franchise mode simulation question?

A)play 1, sim 3
this way you get to pitch with every starter in your rotation
or
B)play 1, sim 4
pick you favorite starting pitcher and play only the games he's supposed to start
or
C)play 1, sim 1, play one with QC, sim 1, play 1 in quick manage, sim 1,
repeat
A=roughly 40,41 games played
B=32,33 games played
C=54 games played
there are plenty other variations on this, once you've decided how many you want to play
play 1, sim1= 81 games played
I think if you play at least 1\5 of the games you are going to feel pretty invested in your team.

A Work in Progress
Old 04-13-2017, 05:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Here is my routine:

Game 1: play in its entirety. (might sim a few innings if I get up or down by a bunch and just want to get it over with)

Game 2&3: slow sim. I start the game like I am going to play, and then hit pause, and "sim to end." I then let the sim play out and jump into the game when my pitcher gets in trouble or if there's a key at-bat.

Game 4&5: Sim to 7th. I start the game like I am going to play, and then sim to the seventh inning. Unlike the previous option, I don't watch it get there. I just click to sim to the 7th, and go directly to that point. Sometimes I find myself in a close game, where I will play it out. Sometimes I'm down or up big and I'll just sim the rest.

Game 6: Straight up sim the day, no control involved.

This allows you to pitch with each pitcher. The game you are playing in its entirety will go through your rotation. You control the lineup, bullpen usage, and late game decisions (for the most part), in all the games except the last one. I can generally get through one of these "cycles" in under an hour, depending on how much actual playing I do for games 2-5.

I never use quick counts.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:36 PM   #4
MVP

I simulate zero games until and unless my team is eliminated from the playoffs.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is where Quick Manage really shines. I play one or maybe two games a series and Quick Manage the rest. I still feel immersed in the game, and get the little rush from winning, but it takes a fraction of the time of playing the actual game.

If SDS can patch the CPU bullpen management (which is identical to that of Quick Count games, in my experience), I'll be in heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2017, 09:09 PM   #6
Rookie

1.Play a series.
2.Quick manage a series.
3.Sim a series.
4.Repeat.

That is my cup of tea.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:40 PM   #7
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Im a play 1 sim 5 guy. I like to get through plenty of seasons. I'll usually play every game the first time through to start the season. Then go into the play 1 sim 5 so i get to use a different pitcher each time. Then come September ill either play more games or less depending on where i am in the standings.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:46 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

When I'm on my streak of simming, I'll play one game of every road series and one game of every homestand. However, the games I would sim in the past I would watch unfold so I could still set the lineups and manage. Now I will quick manage to get the same effect. I never want to leave my game entirely in the CPU's hands.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »