Home

Old 04-14-2017, 11:07 AM   #9
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Doubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
It seems like I'm getting a good bit of my doubles from hits that slice down either foulball line, and while I do get some in the gaps between OF'ers, I dont know if its the right number or not.
But on the whole I'm satisfied with HR and double totals. I think thats because my skill level at hitting can only be described as average, at best. And thats being generous. I wonder if the majority of users that are seeing inflated power numbers are what I would classify as good hitters. sometimes I wish i was a better hitter but then there are times I'm glad to fall into the sweet spot.
I'm the same way. I don't see too often the settings that are being used with the home run figures. But someone who is good with the controller/eye-hand, etc. blasting home runs on AS...wonder if they have moved up to LEGEND???
I know some people are monsters with the game and others (my brother-in-law) strikes out almost every time, even on ROOKIE.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #10
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Yeah I'm seeing this issue. Outfielders gobble up everything that isn't hit over them, so most of the time you're looking at a homerun or a single. Obviously there are some doubles, but it still feels like last year where the outfield jus doesn't seem as vast as it is in real life
Old 04-14-2017, 11:44 AM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I'm not seeing an issue with too few doubles. Hit variety is the best its ever been thanks to the new ball physics. I see singles, doubles, triples, and homeruns and none seem too excessive or too few.

I had an instance where Peralta ripped a shot down the left field line but it was hit so hard that it bounced off the wall holding him to a single. Later on, Sierra flips a ball over the 3rd baseman's head that curves and lands in between LF and 3B and rolls to the wall, allowing him to get a double.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2017, 12:41 PM   #12
Rookie

fredhand19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
I'm the same way. I don't see too often the settings that are being used with the home run figures. But someone who is good with the controller/eye-hand, etc. blasting home runs on AS...wonder if they have moved up to LEGEND???

I know some people are monsters with the game and others (my brother-in-law) strikes out almost every time, even on ROOKIE.

I am currently playing on legend. I was on all star last year (zone hitting).

HOF was a slugfest this year. Legend is a bit better. But still far too many homeruns. I still enjoy the game but I do miss the challenge of hitting a big fly like years past.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-14-2017, 12:47 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredhand19
I am currently playing on legend. I was on all star last year (zone hitting).

HOF was a slugfest this year. Legend is a bit better. But still far too many homeruns. I still enjoy the game but I do miss the challenge of hitting a big fly like years past.

did you play with default sliders or adjust any of the sliders like power, solid hits, contact?

A Work in Progress
Old 04-14-2017, 02:29 PM   #14
Rookie

fredhand19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
did you play with default sliders or adjust any of the sliders like power, solid hits, contact?

I've been playing default. On legend. Using quick counts has helped because it doesn't allow me to sit waiting for a meatball.

I was trying slider sets as well on HOF but not with much success.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:46 PM   #15
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

I think the other issue is hitting input method. Using directional, no matter how well you time pitches that are right down the middle, if it's not your turn to get a hit - you're not getting a hit. The same pitch while using zone and I get a hit way more often than not. Against the cpu that is. Against human opponents might be a different story. That's not to say I haven't had games where I hit the laces off balls a lot, because I have, but using directional really neuters the seemingly overpowered hitting/power/homerun issues a lot of people are experiencing. While at the same time feels pretty underwhelming when you hit a fastball that's literally down the pipe (which does happen a bit much) straight over the mound three batters in a row.

I'm not suggesting everyone switch. I think that either via a patch, or next year, hitting and pitching methods should be brought more inline with one another. One shouldn't be far better or more productive. It'll bring continuity to the game so issues like this and sliders, etc could be narrowed down a bit easier.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »