Home

Craziest Franchise Moments: What Are Yours?

This is a discussion on Craziest Franchise Moments: What Are Yours? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2017, 02:05 AM   #1
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

OVR: 0
Craziest Franchise Moments: What Are Yours?

I just had one of the craziest games in recent memory on the show 17. I'd like to note that I play on All-Star batting and Hall of Fame pitching. It was the first game of my Marlins franchise versus the Nationals. Both teams totaled a whopping 11 home runs (9 innings)! There were 5 home runs over 450 feet (Trea Turner had 1 that was 489 feet!). Washington had a 9-5 lead when we headed to the Top of the 9th for my last chance. Ichiro PH, Prado single, Yelich HBP, Stanton RBI walk, Bour smashes a 472 feet go-ahead grand slam. Miami takes a 10-9 lead into the bottom of the 9th with A.J. Ramos closing... Rendon single, Adam Lind blasts a walk-off 2-run HR in the bottom of the 9th for the 11-10 win. I've been going back-and-fourth on the realism on all of this but, you know what? Who cares. That was so much fun.

What are some of your craziest franchise moments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2017, 02:26 AM   #2
Rookie

Cory4AU's Arena

Re: Craziest Franchise Moments: What Are Yours?

I was in my Indians franchise playing @ Detroit. I think I had Danny Salazar on the mound and I had two strikes on JD Martinez. I threw a two seamer well inside, approximately six inches off the plate, and JD turned on it with a self defenses type swing and pulled it foul into the left field bleachers. At least thought it was foul. The ball slowly started curving back towards in play and the crowd grew louder and louder. Wouldn't you know it the ball clanked off of the left field foul pole for a home run. Crazy but it was awesome at the same time even though I was on the short end of that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-12-2017, 07:13 AM   #3
Rookie

Coming up on end of june as Os. Im in 1st, series against white sox who are atrocious and dead last in baseball. Game 1 im up 5 runs in the 8th Oday gives up 4 i bring in Givens he miss plays a slow roller then gives a 2 run shot and i lose. Next game facing Quintana and hes dominating me, im down 7-1 they pull him in the 8th. 9th inning Davis hits a grand slam and schoop hits a 3 run homer for the win to win by 1. I had only 3 singles through 7 innings luckily the 5 walks got Quintana out.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:01 AM   #4
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

It was MLB 08 I think, one of the first ones on PS3, and I decided to use the Mets as my team as they were a fun group, had Pedro and Tom Glavine and had a fun lineup but were not overpowered. I was playing the Phillies, who were incredible in that game, and got down very early. I gave up 4 runs in the first and 9 more over the next 4 innings to be down 13-0 in the 6th. I scored a run in the 6th, 3 in the 8th and 10 in the bottom of the 9th, 6 of them with 2 outs, and ended up with a walk off HR from David Wright. I was trying to decide if the Mets were my team that year and was glad that I chose them after that, ended up getting to the WS with them and losing in 6 to my Red Sox.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:32 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quite a few years ago I swept the Braves in the WS on a walk-off homerun in game 4,
with my trade deadline pickup DH, one Larry Wayne Jones AKA Chipper.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2017, 09:47 AM   #6
Banned

I simmed a franchise into 2021 to get some accurate service time for a CAP I want to use later. I was using the Cardinals.

Once they got to the World Series I started simming one game at a time just in case I decided to play a clincher. Once they got up 3-0 I played game 4 in St Loius against the Indians.

I hit a grand slam with Matt Carpenter in the first inning and was up 5-0 after 2. Went into the 9th leading 6-2.

The Indians hit a Grand Slam and tied the game, the hit a few doubles and went up 8-6.

In the bottom of the ninth I got a few base hits and tied the game. Then hit a walk off with Randall Grichuk.

I was playing on All Star but for some reason I knew I was going to have a chance to walk off. It just felt like it was going to happen. Maybe because I had nothing invested in the game, but it was still cool to walk off a WS clincher!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-14-2017, 05:54 PM   #7
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

opening series A's Vs Angels and I hit a ball that hits Angel's second baseman right off the left shoulder and goes straight up into the air at least a good 20-30 ft. he then like that didn't hurt stumbles and catches the ball.

second one same game... ball hit in O.Co and it is hit to right field... well it is a home run but where the wall comes to a post if you will the ball sticks right there...like it was on top of the wall but the beam stopped it from moving.. just weird stuff.

the angel's second baseman should have been down on the ground in dire pain as that was hit to him on a laser line rocket shot... not just some soft liner... that should have broken his shoulder completely in pieces...
Old 04-14-2017, 10:24 PM   #8
Pro

The CPU tried a suicide squeeze with the bases loaded and the batter popped up to the catcher, since they sent all the runners a quick throw to third and then to second got me a triple play. Felt pretty good since a couple days earlier the CPU got me on back to back squeezes for a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »