Home

Quick Counts

This is a discussion on Quick Counts within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2017, 01:31 PM   #1
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
Quick Counts

Two questions when using this option:

1. Do you always lose pitches to the CPU pitcher? For example, the pitch count is 15, my batter hits a ground ball out on pitch 16, next batter comes up with a 2-0 count, pitch count is at 17. This way you lose at least one pitch per batter, and it throws off the pitch counts. Is this a known bug?

2. How do I sub in a pitcher prior to a batter? I always end up having to sub in a new pitcher partway through a new batter when I sub mid-inning. Is there a way to pre-load the sub within an inning or get a pitcher in before the pitch count is up for a batter?

It'd also be nice if there was a 0-0 count every so often, so I have a chance to get a one pitch out or hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2017, 01:41 PM   #2
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Quick Counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpq12
Two questions when using this option:

1. Do you always lose pitches to the CPU pitcher? For example, the pitch count is 15, my batter hits a ground ball out on pitch 16, next batter comes up with a 2-0 count, pitch count is at 17. This way you lose at least one pitch per batter, and it throws off the pitch counts. Is this a known bug?

2. How do I sub in a pitcher prior to a batter? I always end up having to sub in a new pitcher partway through a new batter when I sub mid-inning. Is there a way to pre-load the sub within an inning or get a pitcher in before the pitch count is up for a batter?

It'd also be nice if there was a 0-0 count every so often, so I have a chance to get a one pitch out or hit.
1. By design since introduced in '14. The -1 pitch after each batter is to alleviate an otherwise inflated pitch count.

2. I don't think you can yet comp can.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:42 PM   #3
Pro

zpq12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN
1. By design since introduced in '14. The -1 pitch after each batter is to alleviate an otherwise inflated pitch count.

2. I don't think you can yet comp can.
Seems that a few 0-0 counts here and there would be a more elegant solution. Too bad.

That unfortunate, I wish they'd patch both items.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:54 PM   #4
Rookie

mikelecrenski's Arena

OVR: 2

I had to quit quick counts this year. I only used this since it started but this years game it really has screwed me and not CPU. I'm always pitching 2-1 or 3-1 counts and then hitting 1-2, 2-2. I actually made notes of 10 games to see if I was going crazy but it really favors CPU this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-15-2017, 08:53 PM   #5
Pro

zpq12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelecrenski
I had to quit quick counts this year. I only used this since it started but this years game it really has screwed me and not CPU. I'm always pitching 2-1 or 3-1 counts and then hitting 1-2, 2-2. I actually made notes of 10 games to see if I was going crazy but it really favors CPU this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I love it as a guy who struggles to run up pitch counts, but those two little nagging things kind of hurt my experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »