Home

Double switching in quick manage

This is a discussion on Double switching in quick manage within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2017, 01:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Double switching in quick manage

Is it possible to do a double switch from the quick manage gameplay screen? I haven't been able to figure it out...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2017, 09:31 AM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Re: Double switching in quick manage

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipahoward2
Is it possible to do a double switch from the quick manage gameplay screen? I haven't been able to figure it out...
Good question. Have you tried backing out of the quick manage, doing the double switch, then continuing with quick manage? If you have two outs you might have to enter the game for a batter or two, so you beat the AI to the punch.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:48 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Good question. Have you tried backing out of the quick manage, doing the double switch, then continuing with quick manage? If you have two outs you might have to enter the game for a batter or two, so you beat the AI to the punch.
I'm not sure what you mean by backing out. If I enter a game with my position player on the mound then the game forces me to pitch to one after before changing pitchers... Also, in quick manage you don't warm up pitchers so if I have to enter the game and then bring in my new pitcher, he's not going to have time to warm up.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:00 PM   #4
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

#NLproblems.

I kid I kid.

I don't know but I don't think so. Honestly, quick manage is a great feature but it's still teething. Hopefully it'll be better next year.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
#NLproblems.

I kid I kid.

I don't know but I don't think so. Honestly, quick manage is a great feature but it's still teething. Hopefully it'll be better next year.
Things would be so much easier if I didn't enjoy the complexities of National League play...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 11:37 AM   #6
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipahoward2
I'm not sure what you mean by backing out. If I enter a game with my position player on the mound then the game forces me to pitch to one after before changing pitchers... Also, in quick manage you don't warm up pitchers so if I have to enter the game and then bring in my new pitcher, he's not going to have time to warm up.
I guess i should have said return to the game. You will have to be the pinch hitter, or, if the pinch hitter gets a hit continue til the inning is over, do the double switch. The go back to QM.

I don't know if the AI will consider whether or not that pitcher has had time to warm up. Will it bring the pitcher in with full stamina? I would guess as there's no warm up in QM it will.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:50 PM   #7
Banned

just add DH to the NL and who cares about the DS. fixes issues and gives NL better sim stats as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »