Home

Predetermined Outcome in franchise games?

This is a discussion on Predetermined Outcome in franchise games? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2017, 11:50 PM   #1
Rookie

predac0n's Arena

OVR: 0
Predetermined Outcome in franchise games?

Why does it feel like certain games have already been predetermined by the CPU during my franchise like absolutely written in stone that i'm supposed to lose?

It's absurd I know it's not coded that way & there is no "comeback cheese" & I am playing as the Marlins who's bullpen is LEGENDARY for giving up leads but man it feels so crappy sometimes. I fully admit to exiting the application & restarting the game several times until I get the outcome I want because i'm not losing 3 home games in a row sorry SDS Devs.

TLDR The Mets are a bunch of jerks & really should not be hitting balls that hard in Marlins park I don't care how strong Cespedes & Conforto are 500ft HR's ARE NOT ALLOWED

thanks for allowing this rant

Last edited by predac0n; 04-16-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 12:09 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Predetermined Outcome in franchise games?

I dont know if your using the default roster but if you are I would consider converting either Despaigne or Locke to the bullpen. If you arent a averse to looking at free agents, I'd even look to signing Jordan Walsh if he's still available. With no Fernandez thats gonna put an even extra strain on the 'pen. I wonder if even playing some games at old miami will help. Its times like these ya gotta think outside the batters box lol

A Work in Progress
Old 04-17-2017, 12:26 AM   #3
Rookie

predac0n's Arena

using OSFM v1.5

It's interesting you mention having Jeff Locke coming out of the pen because, that's a setup i'm already running with. I'm mostly griping about Adam Conley the guy has been consistently serving up the long ball in my franchise (currently sitting at 5-3, 0.5 gms behind the Mets). Locke actually came out of the pen in relief of Conley & managed to silence the Mets line-up for the remainder of the game.

currently toying with the idea of sending Conley to the pen & giving the starting rotation spot to Locke (making 3 mil, feel like he should be starting for that money), I'll continue to monitor his ability to give up homers because i'm able to consistently throw strikes while meter pitching with Conley but Locke's release isn't too bad either. I could also send down Worley since i'm more confident in Conley as a LRP & call up another utility guy.

Basically the Marlins starting rotation stinks

Last edited by predac0n; 04-17-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:57 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by predac0n
Why does it feel like certain games have already been predetermined by the CPU during my franchise like absolutely written in stone that i'm supposed to lose?

It's absurd I know it's not coded that way & there is no "comeback cheese" & I am playing as the Marlins who's bullpen is LEGENDARY for giving up leads but man it feels so crappy sometimes. I fully admit to exiting the application & restarting the game several times until I get the outcome I want because i'm not losing 3 home games in a row sorry SDS Devs.

TLDR The Mets are a bunch of jerks & really should not be hitting balls that hard in Marlins park I don't care how strong Cespedes & Conforto are 500ft HR's ARE NOT ALLOWED

Baseball is a wacky sport. One day some team pummels you and then on the next day you return the favor and pummel them back.

As much as it appears, there is nothing predetermined in this game. We all go through our ups an downs though there are some teams over the course of a season that will rise to the top and be better than others and this may or may not have anything to do with reality. It's not so easy to do, but sometimes we need to learn to not compare what we experience in this game versus what we all see in the real world. The two are very different beast.

I am only two weeks into my MLB 17 season playing with the Rockies I am sporting a 9-5 record (identical to the real world team's record) and am in a tight three way battle with the Dodgers and the Giants in the NL West. My record with the Rockies and the Cubs playing well in my MLB 17 season are pretty much the only things that are similar to the real world. Everything else is pretty much different. In the real world Arizona is doing well but not so much in my season. As mentioned, in my MLB 17 season, the Cubs are doing well but over in the East the Phillies have a small lead over the Mets and the Marlins are not far behind. Washington is struggling, but they were supposed to challenge the Mets, not the Phillies. But it is early. In the AL West, Los Angeles leads the way but Houston and Seattle aren't too far behind. In the Central the White Sox are in first but I fully expect the Indians to rise to the top sometime in May and stay there. The big surprise of my MLB 17 season is how well Toronto is doing compared to how bad they are in the real world. It's a complete role reversal. In the real world the Blue Jays suck. But in my MLB 17 season the only team who can match them is the Cubs. But that's what happens when everything is based on stats from the past. According to the default SDS stats the Blue Jays are one of the greatest teams humanity ever has and ever will see and short of me going in there and editing the player ratings, nothing will change. Its kind of a joke. But it's also a long season and a lot can change.

So no I don't think the results are predetermined as what I am seeing is likely not the same as what you are seeing as well as what anyone else is seeing. Sometimes this game will appear to hate you. But as I said, it is a long season. We will all have our ups and our downs. The best thing to do when you are down in a game is not to give up. Baseball is a wacky sport. Most of the time we will not be able to rally the troops and stage that epic come back. But sometimes it will happen. Never give up in baseball until that 27th out has been registered.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:26 AM   #5
Rookie

predac0n's Arena

Oh I 100% realize this, I was just venting to be honest, I know there truly is no comeback cheese coded into this Franchise, at the end of the day it's me making mistakes & leaving ball up in the zone & swinging at pitches out of the zone

all 100% human error on my part no fault of the game, but it was mostly in hopes of finding some like minded individuals that could commiserate with me & truth speakers like you can remind me that i'm the one screwing up as they say Baseball is truly a game of inches.

The one thing we share in common though is that the Nats are doing terribly in my franchise aswell I don't think they ever truly recovered from the fictional horror that is being swept by the Virtual Miami Marlins!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 07:36 AM   #6
Rookie

what slider set are you guys using??? I'm struggling to find a happy medium, I'm either blowing everybody out by 6/7/8 runs every game so I up the difficulty and get smashed and don't score.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:08 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by predac0n

That's what makes this game fun, I actually enjoy losing a tough home stand against a good team, the marlins could definitely get swept at home by mets that's not unrealistic.
Those scenarios make it much more interesting next time you play the team or give extra motivation to sweep them at their place. I would never quit a game because I lost, takes all the fun out of it imo

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-17-2017, 08:25 AM   #8
Rookie

predac0n's Arena

It just gets frustrating when you've been pitching like a beast & all of a sudden the HR's come back to back to back & you're on the receiving, I did not omit the fact that i've restarted games out of frustration on purpose simply because I don't want to seem like a hypocrite i've been with this franchise since 09 TS, Baseball is greatest sport in the world to be but damn if the combination of TNK Sliders & OSFM v1.5 doesn't make for the closest thing to a real life simulation, at the end of the day i'm a masochist & I always go back for more because I love this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »