Home

Road to the Show Switching Back to Normal Position

This is a discussion on Road to the Show Switching Back to Normal Position within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2017, 01:05 PM   #1
Rookie

Mck23tyler's Arena

OVR: 0
Road to the Show Switching Back to Normal Position

Is there any way to get your team to allow you to play the position you originally picked. I'm a center fielder playing 2nd base for two years now. I want to move back to center.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 01:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Road to the Show Switching Back to Normal Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mck23tyler
Is there any way to get your team to allow you to play the position you originally picked. I'm a center fielder playing 2nd base for two years now. I want to move back to center.

Have you said anything to your agent?
Old 04-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Mck23tyler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymbo3959
Have you said anything to your agent?
Everytime we talk i say something.

And another issue, I got injured for 2 months and cant get back into the starting line up. Batting high .300 hitting a decent amount of homers and still just coming off the bench.....

Last edited by Mck23tyler; 04-17-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:02 PM   #4
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Everytime we talk i say something.

And another issue, I got injured for 2 months and cant get back into the starting line up. Batting high .300 hitting a decent amount of homers and still just coming off the bench.....

I believe starting or not depends on ratings and not stats unfortunately. Are you rated higher than the player playing in front of you?

I was also a CF moved to 2nd base. I griped when it happened and was benched and then eventually played at 2nd for about 2 weeks. Then I was moved back to my original position. I think it really depends on a few factors, one being depth. But since you've already been there 2 years.. I don't think you will be moved back. I think you're stuck at 2nd base.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Mck23tyler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3no_11
I believe starting or not depends on ratings and not stats unfortunately. Are you rated higher than the player playing in front of you?

I was also a CF moved to 2nd base. I griped when it happened and was benched and then eventually played at 2nd for about 2 weeks. Then I was moved back to my original position. I think it really depends on a few factors, one being depth. But since you've already been there 2 years.. I don't think you will be moved back. I think you're stuck at 2nd base.
Im an 82 and still riding the bench behind a 78 overall second baseman. Granted playing for the Phillies so Herrera is their starting CF but they have a 63 overall starting in RF. My secondary position is OF so why can't they play me there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 02:18 PM   #6
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Im an 82 and still riding the bench behind a 78 overall second baseman. Granted playing for the Phillies so Herrera is their starting CF but they have a 63 overall starting in RF. My secondary position is OF so why can't they play me there?

Are you ever getting starts in a position outside of your primary position? I know in past years the secondary position has hardly mattered. They are pretty set on only playing you in your primary position unfortunately. In past years if I was not the everyday starter, I would get starts in my secondary position but once I became the everyday starter, my only starts would be at my primary spot. That's why I ask if since you're not the everyday starter, do you ever get starts in any of your secondary positions?
Old 04-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Mck23tyler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3no_11
Are you ever getting starts in a position outside of your primary position? I know in past years the secondary position has hardly mattered. They are pretty set on only playing you in your primary position unfortunately. In past years if I was not the everyday starter, I would get starts in my secondary position but once I became the everyday starter, my only starts would be at my primary spot. That's why I ask if since you're not the everyday starter, do you ever get starts in any of your secondary positions?
I've played a hand full of games in Left and Right.

Breaking new the Phillies traded Herrera and I still cant move back to CF....
Old 04-17-2017, 06:01 PM   #8
Rookie

The main thing I've noticed is that if your player doesn't fur the mold" for his position they'll almost always ask you to swap positions. I had it happen on my 3b (his defense and arm were too low) and one of my CF (defense and speed). My latest CF was never asked to move (drafted by the same team as my other CF) because of the high speed and defense rating.

While this may not always be the case, it seems the majority of people get swapped to less defensive stat positions like LF, 2B, 1B and DH. This leads me to believe the team thinks you're a liability at the position you chose and is trying to minimize the damage by moving you to a less involved defensive position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »