Home

MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2017, 08:18 AM   #25
Rookie

saturn2187's Arena

OVR: 0
To perfectly honest, the biggest surprise to me is that there are people shocked at SDS. This is their thing. They pull the same act EVERY SINGLE YEAR. I bought from 12-15 and haven't bought 16 or 17. Finally got fed up with the lies and garbage. Does nobody remember a few years back they pledged online HR derby repeatedly prior to release, only for it to be completely absent at launch? The Online Franchise release in 12 or 13 that is completely unusable? These server issues are not new. Its the same thing literally every single year so I am amazed that people are so upset and shocked. Are you not used to it by now? The promises SDS makes ring hollow to me by now and I just laugh when I read their claims each year leading up to release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2017, 08:21 AM   #26
Rookie

saturn2187's Arena

There won't be improvements until the bottom line is affected. It's as simple as that. Their job is to make money. Their interactions with the community that is so highly praised is nothing more than a way to figure out what they can do to make more money. Can't knock it - its' capitalism. But people assume they are altruistic beings , listening to the community suggestions out of kindness, etc. No, its to make more money.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:22 AM   #27
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I think, and this is just my opinion of course, that gamers as a whole are getting real tired of being burned by shoddy games coming out. This trend of we can fix it after launch is already getting really old and I think it is just going to get worse before it gets better.
This. It seems more and more developers are using that mentality to get the game out and we will fix it later. ME:Andromeda has me thinking about my pre-ordering habits in the future. I've purchased every iteration of The Show since '08(PS3 and PS4). The past couple of years has made me reconsider that.

Last edited by dalger21; 04-18-2017 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:51 AM   #28
Rookie

Anthonyg7575's Arena

OVR: 1
I know all the issues with the online servers, but is anyone else having issues with offline stuff as well? I'm trying to play my own offline franchise only to keep having game after game locking up on me... this usually happens in the latter part of a game and I press the D pad to see who's pitching or to go to the bullpen to warm up a pitcher. The menu doesn't come up and the game just freezes. Then I have to closed the application and restart. I have not had this happen in RTTS mode though,
Old 04-18-2017, 09:32 AM   #29
Rookie

Starducket Moon's Arena

I'm starting to think there's multiple issues to this. The first is the missions and it forcing so many people into playing on-line games. The amount of players may be the issue. Then there's an issue I had a few days ago... I played a Battle Royale game against someone who absolutely creamed me. I've lost before but everything I threw this guy was bombed over the fence. 12-0 in 3 innings. That included me turning a triple play on him. I mean I could throw it almost in the dirt and he'd hit it 500 feet. I figured he was just that good. On my end hitting, it seemed glitchy. Like the ball just would freeze and sputter. I didn't care. Just played the game to conclusion. I knew I was beat. The game went into queue and was never heard from again. I played other games that day and the games counted. So my eyebrows were raised. So it wouldn't surprise me if some have found a way to cheat. Let's let them clean up their yard. In the meantime I'm hoping they give a good explanation what has caused us so much frustration trying to enjoy a game we all looked so much forward to playing.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:36 AM   #30
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn2187
To perfectly honest, the biggest surprise to me is that there are people shocked at SDS. This is their thing. They pull the same act EVERY SINGLE YEAR. I bought from 12-15 and haven't bought 16 or 17. Finally got fed up with the lies and garbage. Does nobody remember a few years back they pledged online HR derby repeatedly prior to release, only for it to be completely absent at launch? The Online Franchise release in 12 or 13 that is completely unusable? These server issues are not new. Its the same thing literally every single year so I am amazed that people are so upset and shocked. Are you not used to it by now? The promises SDS makes ring hollow to me by now and I just laugh when I read their claims each year leading up to release.
We're having a mature discussion...we can be critical without bashing SCEA and calling their game garbage and the developers liars.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #31
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

I play mostly Play vs CPU games in DD as a try and work through some missions. It has progressed from the point where I would get an occasional disconnect to now, where as I end a game I cross my fingers and pray it counts. Of course none of that helps. 2 of my last four games in this mode have been disconnected. It has caused me to take breaks from the game.

The big downside to that is the sheer amount of my (and many, many others) time that has been wasted. You could have been disconnected from the server in the second inning but you aren't going to know that until you put in another 40 minutes to finish the game. I can almost live with that in Conquest 3 inning games but 9 inning games take me an hour to finish sometimes.

Last night I actually decided to play a series or two in RTTS. I was on a post game points recap screen and noticed that I had two message that I needed to hit the touch pad to access. I hit the touchpad and the little network circle started spinning and I locked up. This is the most offline of all the major nodes.

I am greatly disappointed in the state of the servers and SDS for their lack of communication.

You have connected practically everything to the servers. Franchise checks the servers to see if you have completed any missions. DD games vs the CPU have to check the servers. You roll out events and timed missions that guarantee that the servers are going to overloaded. So many missions for the best cards require PvP games in Ranked, BR, and Events that you are forcing more people than ever to play online. If you are going to continue to funnel people to the server then you have to make sure you have the ability to handle it all.

Last edited by Dolenz; 04-18-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #32
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
As someone who has yet to go online once, and someone who does not care one bit for rewards (I actually wish I could just turn off all of the notifications), I think this is the best version of the Show ever. I wish franchise mode had some more updates this year, but overall, the gameplay is fantastic with the right sliders, and aside from a few issues like catchers not being good enough at blocking pitches in the dirt and position players still tiring too quickly in franchise mode, I think the game is great.

I've noticed a lot of menus having wrong text, wrong year for stats, etc. but those are minor cosmetic things. I like how the game plays, and only wish SDS spent more time on strengthening their QA versus pedaling some of the gimmicky things we saw prior to release (Ken Griffey's hat is BACKWARDS!).

All told, I've enjoyed the game, and I hope the community doesn't shut this game down via lack of support. I know that's asking a lot to continue to be patient, but be patient--they want to get this right for everyone.

Back to my franchise!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »