Home

Pure Analog Very Sensitive

This is a discussion on Pure Analog Very Sensitive within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2017, 08:29 AM   #1
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

OVR: 0
Pure Analog Very Sensitive

Hey guys, just a short background. I play on AS for hitting with stride and play pure analog. It's the most fun for me. I have noticed this year that the swing stick seems to be incredibly sensitive. I have struck out quite a few times on pitches that I had no intention of swinging at but my thumb moved slightly and made my guy swing for the fences. In previous years this seemed to invoke a check swing where my guy would just barely move the bat off his shoulder. Has anyone else seen this? Also, the jump throws in this game need to be nerfed. I get thrown out on what would be a base hit if every SS wasn't Derek Jeter probably 2-3 times a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2017, 09:13 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Pure Analog Very Sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtshurtleff
Hey guys, just a short background. I play on AS for hitting with stride and play pure analog. It's the most fun for me. I have noticed this year that the swing stick seems to be incredibly sensitive. I have struck out quite a few times on pitches that I had no intention of swinging at but my thumb moved slightly and made my guy swing for the fences. In previous years this seemed to invoke a check swing where my guy would just barely move the bat off his shoulder. Has anyone else seen this? Also, the jump throws in this game need to be nerfed. I get thrown out on what would be a base hit if every SS wasn't Derek Jeter probably 2-3 times a game.
I'm having the same problem. Same settings you have also. You definitely can't even have a small flinch with your thumb!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-18-2017, 12:32 PM   #3
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

it helps if you know your batter's stride timing. if you are looking for a breaking ball, trying starting your stride a little later than usual.

Also, whether or not you are using your left thumb stick for aiming(zone plus analog) or you are just using pure analog, try putting your left thumb on the left joystick and apply pressure (pushing up helps) while pulling down on the right stick for your stride, this helps you hold your right thumb stick down while waiting on the away pitch or breaking balls.

this will help you balance out your timing for fastballs and breaking balls, so in case you don't get a fastball(which you should be looking for) you start applying pressure on your left thumb stick to help relieve that need to push up on the right stick then when the breaking ball crosses the plate you can pull down on the left thumb stick and then push back up on the right stick

although if you are using ZPA you will need to aim it correctly but i have mastered this technique so it's not a problem for me although i do have my struggles
this helps with holding back on breaking stuff which most people have trouble with when using zone plus analog or pure analog.

Last edited by RockPowderDownLoL; 04-18-2017 at 12:34 PM. Reason: semantics
Old 04-18-2017, 12:38 PM   #4
Rookie

if anyone tries this let me know how it works out. i am all for helping people who use this batting interface as i have been using it since 11 and soon i will be putting up videos and tutorials and i have yet to see anyone make a solid video about how to use this interface on legend and HOF online.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtshurtleff
Same for me, pisses me off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2017, 02:25 PM   #6
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPowderDownLoL
it helps if you know your batter's stride timing. if you are looking for a breaking ball, trying starting your stride a little later than usual.

Also, whether or not you are using your left thumb stick for aiming(zone plus analog) or you are just using pure analog, try putting your left thumb on the left joystick and apply pressure (pushing up helps) while pulling down on the right stick for your stride, this helps you hold your right thumb stick down while waiting on the away pitch or breaking balls.

this will help you balance out your timing for fastballs and breaking balls, so in case you don't get a fastball(which you should be looking for) you start applying pressure on your left thumb stick to help relieve that need to push up on the right stick then when the breaking ball crosses the plate you can pull down on the left thumb stick and then push back up on the right stick

although if you are using ZPA you will need to aim it correctly but i have mastered this technique so it's not a problem for me although i do have my struggles
this helps with holding back on breaking stuff which most people have trouble with when using zone plus analog or pure analog.
This is understandable if I am having trouble with timing, but I am not talking about my timing. I will admit my timing is off, but I am saying I can literally have a muscle spasm and my batter will swing through fully. I past years if I twitch the stick my batter would check his swing. This year it seems especially sensitive. I think your method will help with putting pressure on the left stick, but I will have to try it, as far as timing things. My stride is usually just off and my timing is usually influenced by that.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:50 PM   #7
Rookie

yah i think timing is different this year and more difficult. last year i crushed on legend and had to turn my timing to 0 and foul frequency down to 0 but this year i am having as much difficulty on default.

like i said, applying pressure with your left thumb will help with holding back that nearly involuntary reaction with your right thumb. i learned this trick when they took the stride out in 15 and i had to make a major adjustment.

as far as your stride timing goes. it varies with each batter and each pitcher and sometimes you have to sit on a specific pitch in a specific location if you are up against an ace. generally you can start your stride when the pitcher begins forward momentum or when his throwing arm is pointing back to center field. maybe you already knew that.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:06 PM   #8
Pro

Stolm's Arena

Ya, Check Swing with Analog seems pretty close to broken. Been playing Stride + Analog for 6 years (except for the year the Stride was removed) and this year on check swings I am fully swinging through pitches all the time.

Something definitely has changed with the Analog sensitivity. Who know if it is a bug or an intended change with how the game is this year.

Every year during the streams or on the forums I always ask if anything has changed with Analog Hitting or Stride, and I never get an answer. But they make these big changes and never address it in anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »