Home

Houston Astros or Seattle Mariners?

This is a discussion on Houston Astros or Seattle Mariners? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2017, 07:08 PM   #9
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Houston Astros or Seattle Mariners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by predac0n
James Paxton emerging as a legit ACE down the line is a good sign for the Mariners.

Really i'm just torn between the better starting rotation of the Mariners & the ridiculous line up of the Astros. Because with a suspect Astros starting rotation I can always mount a comeback with that line up, same applies to the Mariners but I wouldn't have to rely on comebacks as much if the starters give me more quality starts.
McCullers is really, really good, so don't sleep on him in that Astros staff. Plus,they have a top 10 farm system with some very good arms in it.

Francis Martes is pitcher and a top 15 prospect, and you can deal from that stockpile if you really need to improve the rotation.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #10
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1

I love Seattle on this game! I use them all the time online. I love the ballpark. There is not many great pitcher's ballparks in the AL and this is one of them; probably the best. Also, their bullpen is LEGIT AF! Team has great contact, great speed, great SPs, great bullpen; everything you want if you're looking for a true baseball experience. If waiting around for the 3 run homerun is your thing, Houston is the way to go. I love the Astros in this game too. Lot's of pop and young studs.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:36 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
McCullers is really, really good, so don't sleep on him in that Astros staff. Plus,they have a top 10 farm system with some very good arms in it.

Francis Martes is pitcher and a top 15 prospect, and you can deal from that stockpile if you really need to improve the rotation.
Well said. Exactly the points i came here to make. McCullers CB is the best in baseball (at least according to Robinson Cano). He gets swings and misses even when they know its coming. Also, I think the rotation is fun to play with because you have decisions to make regarding the 5th starter. You can go with Fiers who is a decent vet but is either great or horrible in a given start. Musgrove has upside but depending on what roster you use his ratings might be horrible. You could even go with Davenski, who is awesome starter they use in the bullpen and has a 'circle-change of death'.
And Kuechel is back to his Cy-Young days and is fun to pitch with. Here is ahint on how to pitch with him:literally throw no pitches in the top half of the strike zone. Throw everything along the bottom line of the strike zone and nibble. Dont be afraid to throw alot of pitches and dont give in and throw meat pitches if u have a 3-0 count. If youre a fan of the high fastball for strikeouts maybe once or twice a game you could throw his 4-seam high and out of the strike zone but i dont. Throw his 2-seam at their knees all game and make them hit dribblers right back to Kuechel (3=time gold glove). lol

Speaking of which i goota go, kuechel is pitching right now vs the angels!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2017, 12:31 AM   #12
Rookie

predac0n's Arena

OVR: 0

I appreciate all the replies i've gotten on this thread!

I haven't made a choice yet in regards to this franchise because I'm currently battling a head cold

When I say SafeCO is ugly I mean in regards to how it looks in TS, It just hurts my eyes to look at that backdrop (personal gripe). Seriously though the urge to end that 20 year playoff drought is STRONG! Cano, Cruz, Segura, & Seager is STUPID GOOD + Felix, Paxton & Iwakuma is beastly.

Though the thoughts of Springer, Correa, Altuve & Beltran is OVERPOWERED AS HELL, no more centerfield hill, working train & majestic homers look great in MM along with Keuchel, Mccullers & Devenski

In the end I think the young studs of the Astros might win me over but i'll have to run both teams through some exhibition games so I can get a feel of how they play & a feel for the rotation & pen, If they both win me over I might end up doing both eventually when Hybrid rosters drop using one team with OSFM 1.75 & the other with Hybrid just because I've never played Hybrid rosters & i'm interested to see what they are like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »