Home

How does this work? How to get around this problem

This is a discussion on How does this work? How to get around this problem within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2017, 01:46 AM   #1
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

OVR: 0
How does this work? How to get around this problem

How do you pull back or offer a trade when someone is claimed off of waivers? I know it is possible and can be done but I am not sure when to time it. When do you do this? Also does it only apply to certain waiver moves? I know when you place a player on irrevocable waivers it is different than other types.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2017, 09:19 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: How does this work? How to get around this problem

After the trade deadline to move a player you have to place him on trade waivers. if he clears in the salary and other info screen it should indicate he cleared trade waivers for the period. You can then try to trade him. if during that waiver period someone claims him you can pull him back. If you try this earlier in the year you choices are to pull him back or if irrevocable you lose him. There are times where players may have to go back through waivers even if previously cleared and you should get a notice of that time. I just put a player through trade waivers and it says I have to wait 2 days for him to clear.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:22 PM   #3
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

OVR: 0

Where do you find the information regarding when he is claimed other than the pop up that appears when simulating? I know there is a menu when you tap the touchpad. It is probably located in there from what I assume
Old 08-06-2017, 10:30 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

I've seen it as the pop up when simulating where you get the option to pull him back or let him be taken. However, and I'm not sure of this, there may also be something in the transaction page. For sure if someone was claimed and taken it will be there but I think you want to get that notification before you lose him. Sorry I can't be more specific.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »