Home

Reaction time fielders

This is a discussion on Reaction time fielders within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2017, 07:35 PM   #1
Rookie

baseball_fever's Arena

OVR: 0
Reaction time fielders

I am sorry if this has already been discussed. I just wanted to see if anyone else has noticed or had an issue with IFs reacting slowly to the ball. Mainly right after contact of the ball, it seems like there is a brief delay in being able to control your fielder to get to the ball.It is causing many more singles then usual, as the balls are just evading the IFs. Is this am issue for anyone else?

Thanks guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2017, 10:13 PM   #2
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Reaction time fielders

No, but 1B and 3B are still terrible defensively and miss way too many balls due to bad animations. It's really my only gripe with defensive play in this game, otherwise it is beautiful!
Old 04-20-2017, 11:22 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball_fever
I am sorry if this has already been discussed. I just wanted to see if anyone else has noticed or had an issue with IFs reacting slowly to the ball. Mainly right after contact of the ball, it seems like there is a brief delay in being able to control your fielder to get to the ball.It is causing many more singles then usual, as the balls are just evading the IFs. Is this am issue for anyone else?

Thanks guys
I have noticed this as well. The computers fielders seem to rocket boost after contact, where as my guy feels stuck for about a half second before I can move him. I have fielding on 100% manual so this has nothing to do with fielder assist.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #4
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

The only bad animation I absolutely hate is when the corner infielders just kind of fall down towards the balls hit down the line and whiff instead of just taking an extra step to at least knock the ball down, but I have also seen the animation more with bad fielders rather than guys who have gold glove potential. There's some guys who have absolute vacuums for gloves
Old 04-20-2017, 12:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamm16
The only bad animation I absolutely hate is when the corner infielders just kind of fall down towards the balls hit down the line and whiff instead of just taking an extra step to at least knock the ball down, but I have also seen the animation more with bad fielders rather than guys who have gold glove potential. There's some guys who have absolute vacuums for gloves

Yeah, they dive to where the ball is when you hit the dive button, not to where it will be when it gets near you. It's much like a QB throwing to where a receiver is and not where he will be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #6
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

I feel the opposite. Infielder defensive play is a bit too good. The golden glove dives and especially the throw animations from just about every third baseman in the game are pretty lame. There's already a thread dedicated to how people think fielders are kinda op.

I find it interesting that people are seeing completely different ends of the spectrum.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Fielder speed 3
Fielder Reaction 4

Give it a shot.

** edit** Lowering the fielder speed while having a 1 point add for the reaction allows the perception of a quick step, but does not give the fielder a super-human patch towards the ball.

Remember that you can move your fielders by position, so if you have a third baseman that is not as fleet of foot as another, you can have him cheat towards the line, thereby positioning him for success, rather than to have to lunge-animation rear its ugly head.

~syf

Last edited by stealyerface; 04-20-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: adding info

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »