Home

Franchise Rebuilding

This is a discussion on Franchise Rebuilding within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2017, 08:23 AM   #1
Rookie

Hinkleyyy's Arena

OVR: 0
Franchise Rebuilding

I've brought the team I wanna do down to a few candidates. I was gonna do the Braves but there are already so many people do it and same with the White Sox's. So I'm gonna either do the:

A. Twins- team that has a couple guys that would help me in the future and Buxton who can help me right away. How quickly can Buxton and Sano become Stars and carry this team?

B. Orioles- Not a true "rebuilding" team but they are getting older around Machado and after his contract is up and they haven't gotten better he might leave. Would Machado be able to win a Ring with a younger O's team?

C. Pirates- With Marte recently being caught with PED's how could the pirates do this year. McCutchen is in his last year of his contract and he might be leaving, Would I be able to make it the World Series without him?

D. Final team is the Reds- With an aging star in Votto how much longer can he last. This team has promising stars in the making such as Peraza, Senzal and Stephenon. Would a young roster be able to make a playoff push with Votto still playing well?

Please vote in the comments below on who you wanna see me use in my Franchise Rebuilding team. I will be streaming this on Twitch starting Tuesday morning as well as leave a comment on who is some young and realistic talent I should go after with the possible team and trade. My link is https://www.twitch.tv/hinkleyy

MLB- New York Mets
NBA-Miami Heat
Soccer- Real Madrid & Orlando City
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2017, 08:32 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Franchise Rebuilding

Orioles, they are my AL East go-to-team.

A Work in Progress
Old 04-23-2017, 12:43 PM   #3
Rookie

I say go with the twins or reds. You could trade votto to restock the farm a little and the twins have some solid foundational guys in key positions. Their budget restraints will add a layer too if you play with that on.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-23-2017, 01:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Sano is a dominant month or three away from pushing up to A potential. Berrios has good trade value.

Great uniforms.

Cool stadium.

TWINS.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Cdub28's Arena

Diamondbacks. Otherwise Reds. Go Billy Hamilton
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2017, 05:41 PM   #6
Rookie

I'm submitting a write in vote for the Milwaukee Brewers. If I had the time, that would be my choice. Ryan Braun is about to leave and they just added two youngsters at the infield corners in Travis Shaw and Jesus Aguilar. I'm a fan of both kids.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:49 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by korndogg8323
I'm submitting a write in vote for the Milwaukee Brewers. If I had the time, that would be my choice. Ryan Braun is about to leave and they just added two youngsters at the infield corners in Travis Shaw and Jesus Aguilar. I'm a fan of both kids.
I'd wait for Thames if I was going Brewers, unless I had a good CAP.

A Work in Progress
Old 04-23-2017, 08:10 PM   #8
Rookie

Reds. For the purpose of rebuilding there is no better team. They are a small market team with bad contracts to aging star Votto, often hurt players Bailey, Mesoracco, and the deep pitching farm system has thinned. Iglesias was the opening day starting pitcher last season, now he is a closer signed to a 7 year deal. Lorenzen was a top 50 prospect in previous years is now an average rp. Stephenson is top 50 so is Senzel but neither are that close. I enjoy being the GM, making realistic moves and draft picks and rebuilding that way.
If you want to do a realistic rebuild, the Reds are it.
Tough division - Cubs, Cards, Pirates.
Small market
Only one trade piece that would return an A prospect (so your​ drafting, minor trades and FA signings matter)
NL strategy
And, something I consider, if you Sim 5+ years they will suck without you running them.
(A minor issue I have with the game but I digress)
Also, I couldn't decide either so I'm doing my first total team control with MIN, CIN,ATL, OAK.
This slows me down as I usually end up going so fast I lose interest. It helps off set my carry over from '16 , the Padres. Also a good choice, tough division, beautiful stadium, youngest roster, crazy GM!

Last edited by millertime98; 04-23-2017 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Additional info

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »