Home

Pure analog hitting

This is a discussion on Pure analog hitting within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2017, 08:46 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pure analog hitting

Before the swing, press square for power, x for normal, circle for contact. Pressing nothing gives you a normal swing.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:09 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy44
Before the swing, press square for power, x for normal, circle for contact. Pressing nothing gives you a normal swing.
That's not with Pure Analog. I believe it was like that before they re-did Pure Analog though. (last year? maybe 15)

I use Flick Pure Analog right now. As far as I know, for this year at least:

Yes you can aim horizontally but not vertically like statdude said (vertical will be based on timing/player stats), but I believe it's a contact swing if you move it completely horizontal to the left or right. If you want to hit a pitch that is on the outside or inside of the plate with a normal/power swing then move the analog stick at a diagonal angle to the direction you want.

So going off of that, I don't think it's possible to do a contact swing without aiming far to the right or left. Which is a little weird but, I rarely ever used contact swing even when it was button select. I very rarely use power swing also now, but it has helped a few times.

Power swing you just hold the stick back, and then go forward to swing. It doesn't matter when you start to hold it back. (Before the pitcher even starts his windup or you can use it like stride... same effect.)

This is just what I've noticed and feel is happening, judging by PCI size, etc.

Last edited by SufferinSuccotash; 04-24-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:48 PM   #11
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferinSuccotash
That's not with Pure Analog. I believe it was like that before they re-did Pure Analog though. (last year? maybe 15)

I use Flick Pure Analog right now. As far as I know, for this year at least:

Yes you can aim horizontally but not vertically like statdude said (vertical will be based on timing/player stats), but I believe it's a contact swing if you move it completely horizontal to the left or right. If you want to hit a pitch that is on the outside or inside of the plate with a normal/power swing then move the analog stick at a diagonal angle to the direction you want.

So going off of that, I don't think it's possible to do a contact swing without aiming far to the right or left. Which is a little weird but, I rarely ever used contact swing even when it was button select. I very rarely use power swing also now, but it has helped a few times.

Power swing you just hold the stick back, and then go forward to swing. It doesn't matter when you start to hold it back. (Before the pitcher even starts his windup or you can use it like stride... same effect.)

This is just what I've noticed and feel is happening, judging by PCI size, etc.
you can still press circle, square, or x before the pitch to do a contact, power, or regular swing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 10:06 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR5Noles
you can still press circle, square, or x before the pitch to do a contact, power, or regular swing.
That's true with Pure Analog Stride but not Pure Analog Flick. Sorry for the confusion. Cloudy44 you may be using Stride too, so you would be right in that case. I'm not used to there being both options in the game and I forgot they made the Stride option basically the way it used to be when they put it back in, except for the leg kick having to be timed right?

I'm not sure what the original poster uses but if it's Flick then I feel my post applies to him. I assume he is since he was looking at the Flick part of the manual that refers to the left and right being contact swing. If it's stride then yeah you just use the buttons to select, so he could do a contact swing with O.

Last edited by SufferinSuccotash; 04-24-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:42 AM   #13
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferinSuccotash
That's true with Pure Analog Stride but not Pure Analog Flick. Sorry for the confusion. Cloudy44 you may be using Stride too, so you would be right in that case. I'm not used to there being both options in the game and I forgot they made the Stride option basically the way it used to be when they put it back in, except for the leg kick having to be timed right?

I'm not sure what the original poster uses but if it's Flick then I feel my post applies to him. I assume he is since he was looking at the Flick part of the manual that refers to the left and right being contact swing. If it's stride then yeah you just use the buttons to select, so he could do a contact swing with O.
Sorry yes I use Flick
Old 04-06-2019, 05:11 PM   #14
Banned

51shergie's Arena

Well i guess yall got to the bottom of that! In other words, start using the damn stride! Lol🤣

Plus, its funner that way! 3

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »