Home

3D Audio Enabled? where is it?

This is a discussion on 3D Audio Enabled? where is it? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2017, 02:42 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
3D Audio Enabled? where is it?

I don't think this is truly 3D audio. I think it's just the headset companion app. Because it sounds the same on the Gold headsets. When I play Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn it tells me "3D Audio Enabled" you are not hearing 3D audio, you are hearing the companion app which is the same across the gold and platinums. When Playing Horizon Zero Dawn or Uncharted you can hear above you, below you sounds travel up and down and all around, it is amazing to hear all the nuance sounds in Horizon from the machines it is an incredible experience as well as Uncharted 4, this isn't even clsoe to 3D audio, I have both Gold and Platinums and they are identical.

3D Audio is not enabled in MLB The Show 17, they probably forgot to add 3D audio, and the settings basically say this audio format will be over ridden if 3D audio is detected, well it is not detecting 3D audio.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 04-24-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 02:53 PM   #2
MVP

Re: 3D Audio Enabled? where is it?

When you are in 3D audio this is what it looks like in the settings, same for Uncharted. MLB The Show 17 is only "headphones" and it's just a preset app, nothing more. They need to fix this or come correct.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:12 PM   #3
MVP

In case you're wondering is there a difference between 5.1/7.1 surround sound and 3D Audio Positional Sound, there is a huge difference and it is immediate when you hear it, there are levels to 3D audio.

3D audio Image

Surround Sound

Old 04-24-2017, 05:36 PM   #4
MVP

When you select 3D Audio all other options are disabled, this is why I think The Show 3D audio is not available, because it has no 3D option. I scrolled through the settings with my 3D headsets and nothing this is what you get, all you get is a "this setting will be by pass when 3D audio is detected.

Now look at Uncharted 4 when 3D is enabled
Old 04-24-2017, 05:45 PM   #5
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

possibly put it on 5.1/7.1, and make sure the switch on your platinums is set to VSS/3D. Maybe as long as you've downloaded the profile for MLB The Show 17 on the companion app, it will automatically adjust to 3D when using the platinum headphones as the audio device?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 05:54 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
possibly put it on 5.1/7.1, and make sure the switch on your platinums is set to VSS/3D. Maybe as long as you've downloaded the profile for MLB The Show 17 on the companion app, it will automatically adjust to 3D when using the platinum headphones as the audio device?
way ahead of you, There is no 3D audio option. I presented 2 different games that I listen to 3D audio.

1. Horizon Zero Dawn auto detects your 3D headset and disables all other sound formats.

2. Uncharted has a 3D audio option that when it detects 3D audio it disables all other audio if you choose to use it.

3. The headset companion app isn't 3D, it is just a preset that is available for the Gold and Platinum headset. I have both of these headsets and they sound the same. There is no selection for 3D audio, nor does the game let you know that 3D audio is enabled.

4. I have my 3D/VSS enabled, if I didn't you would not see 3D enabled on the screenshots I posted, the game doesn't recognize the 3D headset.

5. Why would I select 5.1/7.1? that is not 3D audio.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 04-24-2017 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:01 PM   #7
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Yeah, I think that is the case, no 3D for The Show 17 after all. I had tried it a couple times with my Platinums using the 5.1/7.1 setting. Sounded good and all, but otherwise I was not impressed. When I thought about it, it didn't sound any different than MLB 16 VSS did. I'm guessing that is why, no 3D sound. Maybe a simple oversight or bug in the menus there, and the option isn't showing. But more likely they didn't get it in the game after all. The ONLY time I heard anything was when Ramone mentioned it in one of the streams. I didn't see it listed as a feature anywhere that I can remember. Kind of a bummer, maybe it can be patched in at some point.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:13 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Yeah, I think that is the case, no 3D for The Show 17 after all. I had tried it a couple times with my Platinums using the 5.1/7.1 setting. Sounded good and all, but otherwise I was not impressed. When I thought about it, it didn't sound any different than MLB 16 VSS did. I'm guessing that is why, no 3D sound. Maybe a simple oversight or bug in the menus there, and the option isn't showing. But more likely they didn't get it in the game after all. The ONLY time I heard anything was when Ramone mentioned it in one of the streams. I didn't see it listed as a feature anywhere that I can remember. Kind of a bummer, maybe it can be patched in at some point.
No it is a feature, it is mentioned right there in the settings, look at my pics of sound format and read the top part where it states if using 3D this sound format is disabled.

I'm hoping it gets patched as well. Horizon Zero Dawn, doesn't have a companion app, but they patched 3D Audio into the game.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 04-24-2017 at 06:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »