Home

Did SCEA ruin hitting by accident with latest patch?

This is a discussion on Did SCEA ruin hitting by accident with latest patch? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2017, 11:04 AM   #17
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Did SCEA ruin hitting by accident with latest patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
The sound off the bat is definitely altering my perception and making it feel like the ball isn't being hit well, but at the same time I'm pretty sure it also is true. I'm getting a similar-ish amount of hits, but they are generally really weakly hit, not the solidly heat line drives of before the patch and the homeruns are definitely down (not a bad thing). I'm hitting a ton of weak singles, barely any doubles and a lot less homers. Some balls are still nicely hit, but it seems a lot less frequent and the average hit is pretty weak.

Its hard to say because of how unpleasant the sound is, but it doesn't feel right at all anymore.
This is exactly what I am feeling playing the game now.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #18
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0

Anyone else seeing a seriously lack of non-homer extra base hits since the patch? I'm talking no sliders as I'm playing DD, but I'm hitting nothing but singles or home runs. Line drives over the short stop or 2B that would previously have been going to the wall now seem to not have the power to go anywhere and are routinely getting cut off by the outfielders.

I've hit a few doubles that cleared the outfielders, or went right down the line, but I'm really struggling to get line drives to beat the outfielders, the ball just seems to die off the bat

EDIT- Can possibly scratch this to be honest, I seem to have turned it around now and have started hitting more gapper doubles. Must have just been in one of those streaks

Last edited by BigOscar; 04-26-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:44 AM   #19
Rookie

ZoltanZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Anyone else seeing a seriously lack of non-homer extra base hits since the patch? I'm talking no sliders as I'm playing DD, but I'm hitting nothing but singles or home runs. Line drives over the short stop or 2B that would previously have been going to the wall now seem to not have the power to go anywhere and are routinely getting cut off by the outfielders.

I've hit a few doubles that cleared the outfielders, or went right down the line, but I'm really struggling to get line drives to beat the outfielders, the ball just seems to die off the bat
With the Epics that require you to hit doubles that were already a pain to complete, this is not encouraging.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:49 AM   #20
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoltanZ
With the Epics that require you to hit doubles that were already a pain to complete, this is not encouraging.
I'm still hitting some, but just mainly on the fly. It could also be entirely in my head, once you start to think something is happening your mind starts to just see it whether it's there or not.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:55 AM   #21
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7

I am seeing just as many doubles and triples as before, though I am using sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 01:13 PM   #22
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

I played a couple franchise games and a few RttS games yesterday and I noticed basically no difference in power numbers and hitting. Though, if anything, the CPU seemed to hit me harder than before the patch. I use a modified version of Mike Lowe's sliders w/classic pitching. Small sample size, but I'm very happy with how the game played yesterday. I'll get a couple more games in this evening.

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 04-26-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:19 PM   #23
Rookie

I cannot score this year and am about to give up. Playing since 08, it's not like I cannot hit, I am sick of Great contact, Green PI, line drives right at people at an unrealistic rate.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:46 PM   #24
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Guys,this thread is interesting but it gets confusing a bit because we don't know what settings/difficulty you're using.

May I just suggest something in your post like (4,3,AS) for power, solid hits and difficulty level? It would help to calibrate everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »