Home

Did SCEA ruin hitting by accident with latest patch?

This is a discussion on Did SCEA ruin hitting by accident with latest patch? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2017, 08:05 PM   #33
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Did SCEA ruin hitting by accident with latest patch?

I had a really nice hitting game earlier today. I also haven't played much since the patch but I wouldn't say the opposing team is not hitting enough as they are, for me at least.
This year's game I've seen a lot of inconsistency, and I mean that in a good way. Sometimes your on, sometimes your not.

If you take anything from what I'm saying, take this...
ADJUST.

Adjust how you hit especially. You gotta find a way to beat the system, system being your opponent. This isn't the old throw ball, hit ball game of the past. Your opponent has a brain now and are trying to beat you as well.
And sometimes your not going to win, cold streaks happen and happen to the whole team as well as individual players.

End.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:06 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
In my two games post patch. Both franchise.
Game 1
Oakland. 7| 11| 0 2B: 2 HR: 5
New York. 1| 4| 0.

Game 2
Oakland 0| 0| 0
Cleveland 3| 9| 1

Two wildly different outcomes with tons of hit varieties, well not for me in that second game, but you get my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And for game 3
Oakland 5| 12| 0. 2B: 1, HR:1
Cleveland 10| 16| 0. 2B: 3, 3B: 2, HR: 2

I've personally seen enough variety to believe it's all still there. I have no doubts some of you guys feel that it's different, so I think I'm checking out of these threads before I start to see it too.

And after playing a game last night with head phones on, I definitely hear the bat sound and I think that plays into the feeling that balls aren't being hit as hard. The sound reminds me of hitting one of those spongy safe-T balls.

2020: 52-39
Old 04-26-2017, 08:18 PM   #35
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

The thing is offline guys can tune it to however they want. Online...we are confined to one set of sliders. The hitting needed to be tuned down. Every game was ridiculously high scoring and I was hitting 440 in over 100 games.

I have not tested patch yet online so I do not know what exactly it has done. But pre patch I was not playing baseball. Most of the homeruns were opposite field and alot of those were from pitches middle in.

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 12:44 AM   #36
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird5
The thing is offline guys can tune it to however they want. Online...we are confined to one set of sliders. The hitting needed to be tuned down. Every game was ridiculously high scoring and I was hitting 440 in over 100 games.

I have not tested patch yet online so I do not know what exactly it has done. But pre patch I was not playing baseball. Most of the homeruns were opposite field and alot of those were from pitches middle in.

Yeah this is what many people overlook. Sure the issue could've been fixed with sliders offline, but online we we're stuck with inflated hitting.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:15 AM   #37
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Hitting is as good or better than it was out of the box. Ball physics are still incredible.

That bat sound is truly warping perception I am telling you.

Games have been fantastic post post patch. Once the sound is fixed you will see.

Sound can do great things to brain receptor perception.

My hit variety is amazing. But you would never know I scorched a liner or a triple into the gap with the current ball off the bat audio bug.

Folks sit tight. A fix is coming and you will notice the difference big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #38
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

The developers did not ruin hitting by accident, just the sound of the bat. As far as online when your facing the great high rated pitchers with an opponent that is skilled, the power button swing has more meaning again. Before the patch i could regular swing home runs with ease at any given time. After the patch i have had two come from behind wins utilizing the power button late in the game learning from how my opponent pitches. Had i just kept regular swinging on every pitch i would of lost both games.

I have seen more double opportunities, and more robbing a home run opportunities after the patch online. But i have also seen the usual hits straight to a fielder type games, high scoring games when a pitchers confidence is low the home runs are easier to come by. The confidence of the pitcher plays a big part with the consecutive home run chances. That is still there if your opponent keeps pitching to the same locations with a low confidence meter.

Knowing that the batting sound will be corrected, more attention to correcting the freezing by finding out what causes them and the slow catcher reactions to speedy base runner ratio should be the focus for online play.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:43 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Hitting is as good or better than it was out of the box. Ball physics are still incredible.

That bat sound is truly warping perception I am telling you.

Games have been fantastic post post patch. Once the sound is fixed you will see.

Sound can do great things to brain receptor perception.

My hit variety is amazing. But you would never know I scorched a liner or a triple into the gap with the current ball off the bat audio bug.

Folks sit tight. A fix is coming and you will notice the difference big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I agree I think most if not all is perception of hits do to the sound bug. I'm glad it was identified and confirmed a future patch. The sound was not a game killer by any means just a minor annoyance and of course the perception that hits were not very powerful.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #40
Rookie

cas850's Arena

OVR: 2

If anything they greatly improved hitting. Homerun distances have come down an average of 15% in my games and I have a good sample size since the patch.

The changes go for the CPU too b/c now every player can't hit garbage in the dirt like Mike Trout or Vladmir Guerrero.

I hope they don't bow to reactionary crybabies social media telling them they "ruined the game" and all other kinds of nonsense and change it back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »