Home

Non-DD players, What do you spend your stubs on?

This is a discussion on Non-DD players, What do you spend your stubs on? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8
Non-DD players, What do you spend your stubs on?

While I've dipped into DD and RTTS(like I usual do), I'm mainly a Franchise player like many of you.
I know there are Sponsorships but I'm not too interested in adding to my budget (I like the challenge and the Red Sox have plenty of cash anyway).
I do like collecting baseball cards so collecting them virtually is kinda cool but I really don't have a use for them as I don't play DD. I'm a little stuck with what to do with all my stubs that are adding up.
What do you (non-DD players) do with your stubs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 08:38 PM   #2
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Non-DD players, What do you spend your stubs on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
While I've dipped into DD and RTTS(like I usual do), I'm mainly a Franchise player like many of you.
I know there are Sponsorships but I'm not too interested in adding to my budget (I like the challenge and the Red Sox have plenty of cash anyway).
I do like collecting baseball cards so collecting them virtually is kinda cool but I really don't have a use for them as I don't play DD. I'm a little stuck with what to do with all my stubs that are adding up.
I buy training points whenever I start a new RTTS. I like to start my guy around a 60-65, have him start at like 20 cause you always get the call up quick anyway.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-26-2017, 09:32 PM   #3
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
This right here.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:58 PM   #4
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I save for the first few weeks of the season, then spend them in RTTS whenever I actually start one.

This year I did buy one sponsorship for my Franchise so I had 3 instead of the two I got for free from the random drops.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:42 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

Franchise budget when I need it in my 30 team control
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 08:13 AM   #6
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

1) training points for RttS players - I usually start 3-4 positions and it takes me a few weeks to settle on a position to play out, a bump with training points helps me "catch up" so to speak.
3) equipment cards for my RttS players
2) I do dabble with Conquest and offline/single player DD games a bit, so I do buy packs occasionally just to see what I get. I rarely buy any players from the marketplace since I can make decent team for offline DD just with the cards you get from playing the game.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:16 AM   #7
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Card packs. Only play RttS and am far enough along where I have a huge bank of points so there is not much else to spend it on. It sucks that you earn stubs at such a low rate in RttS as that is the only mode I play.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #8
Pro

This is a good post by the OP. I don't play RTTS or the other modes and play offline. I use player lock in Franchise for my experience. I don't have a use for all the stubs I collect. I have tons that are still in MLB 15 and MLB 16 LOL.

I tend to use it towards my budget in MLB 17 as its the best iteration of the game with updates that have accumulated since MLB 14 on PS4. I don't play the new missions feature in Franchise and just earn money the old fashion way by winning games.

So I would say I just let them accumulate and do nothing with them! No real incentive to use them in Franchise mode. Although I have been trying to find new ways to enjoy franchise mode with player lock.

I am playing with the idea of 30 team control and if my created player gets traded. I will continue to roll with that team. I just love building my created player's stats and attributes. Even though the way player lock works this year is kind of wonky too many screens before you get to the actual game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »