Home

Auto-Baserunning Issues

This is a discussion on Auto-Baserunning Issues within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2017, 08:30 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Auto-Baserunning Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealC7R
Indeed it was not a problem before 16 because 16 was the installment in which they added the L1 to advance, R1 to return options. Whether or not the cause of the base running issues was due to players accidentally/unknowingly hitting either of those buttons was hotly debated last year, as bcruise said. This issue ruined 16 for me so I did not purchase 17 as the user override options are still present.
You are correct. But then why say it is an "excuse?" Excuse for what? I just want to play the game without runners freezing. AB is a feature in the game. I just want it to work correctly. I don't see that as an "excuse."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
eventhough, the ball is hit towards 3rd base, the runner did not move until I hit L1.
You don't even need to do the replay. It was obvious as soon as you hit the ball, as AB canceled immediately. I can provide dozens of examples like this too. To my knowledge, SDS has never said the AB is working as intended. And we clearly know otherwise. Heck even TheRealC7R is apparently not purchasing the game because of this issue. This game is too great to not purchase. If it came to it I would re-learn manual baserunning. But AB is a feature I enjoy very much as I like to watch the game playout based on ratings. Same reason I use classic pitching.

Last edited by knich; 04-30-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2017, 08:57 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
But then why say it is an "excuse?" Excuse for what? I just want to play the game without runners freezing. AB is a feature in the game. I just want it to work correctly. I don't see that as an "excuse."
I said excuse because, in last year's thread about this exact issue, that's the way it came across to me. That is, it was somehow the players' fault i.e. players were unknowingly/accidentally tapping either of the manual control buttons. Devs basically said they couldn't reproduce the issue and threw their hands up. Again, that's just how it came across to me. After that, I retired 16 and was hoping they'd restore the 2014 model to this year's installment.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:41 PM   #27
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKnicksRules215xX
Yes I've seen a couple instances where the runner will not advance on clear long fly ball hits thus runs missing from the board.

Ive had this happen since today in my 1st game after DL'ing patch. This is the 1st time Ive seen the issue.

I wouldnt have a clue how to even take a video of it, if it were to happen, let alone figure out how to get it to my PC then upload it on here,lol.

I guess as long as it dont happen very often, then Im fine with it, and I'd just chalk it up to a bone head move by the runner, it does happen IRL after all.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 05-08-2017, 02:50 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Millennium I've been doing a little more testing on this. I believe the canceling seems to be occurring when there are hard-hit balls. I would just link all the videos but they take so long to upload. And I can't play the game while they're uploading. I have many more examples if you need more than what I produced but I think what I produced is a representative sample of the problem. What I can say definitively is that the canceling is much more frequent since the patch. I have an example where it occurred on three consecutive batters. And it is happening at least 7-8 times a game if I produce any offense.
This is a very big issue. I've played about 7 games in my new season and have had the base runners standing on base during clear liners in the gap and never move in at least 4 games. The auto advance feature is highlighted. I have gone so far as to re position my hands on the controller so I know its not me accidentally hitting any buttons and finally am convinced its not me hitting any buttons. It just cost me a great game. I hope this issue is addressed soon.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:41 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 2

I only play auto BR.. The problem is with my issue is runners start to go but then stop half way between the next base. I had a runner on first and third and hit a hard GB through the hole between 1b and 2b. both runners went half way and stopped, RF threw to 2b before I realized my runner didn't go. Then 2b threw to the 3b who took of towards my runner, I tried to move runner but 3b threw to home plate and tagged him out. This has happened several times with different situations.

I honestly didn't notice this happening before 105. but it may have. I have had this happen in the last 3 games, this is OFFLINE, QC and franchise only. Also had a runner try to advance from 2b to 3b on a fly ball to RF. He went half way and stopped. I have also had games where the BR seems to work perfectly.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:48 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimCross
This is a very big issue. I've played about 7 games in my new season and have had the base runners standing on base during clear liners in the gap and never move in at least 4 games. The auto advance feature is highlighted. I have gone so far as to re position my hands on the controller so I know its not me accidentally hitting any buttons and finally am convinced its not me hitting any buttons. It just cost me a great game. I hope this issue is addressed soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
I only play auto BR.. The problem is with my issue is runners start to go but then stop half way between the next base. I had a runner on first and third and hit a hard GB through the hole between 1b and 2b. both runners went half way and stopped, RF threw to 2b before I realized my runner didn't go. Then 2b threw to the 3b who took of towards my runner, I tried to move runner but 3b threw to home plate and tagged him out. This has happened several times with different situations.

I honestly didn't notice this happening before 105. but it may have. I have had this happen in the last 3 games, this is OFFLINE, QC and franchise only. Also had a runner try to advance from 2b to 3b on a fly ball to RF. He went half way and stopped. I have also had games where the BR seems to work perfectly.
I have many videos of both these. I even have a video of the AB cancelling on a foul ball (with no one on base) so I know it is not me causing this problem for the conspiracy theorists. I would post them all but it takes too long to upload and no developer seems to want to acknowledge or dispute the problem. And Milennium has also yet to provide feedback from developers. I have never seen a post where SDS said it was user error. They can't. They just have to play a full game with AB on and it will happen with runners on base. Most of the naysayers have never done just that. I certainly hope they patch it because I tried MB and I suck at it..lol. Plus, I like to watch the play unfold without worrying about whom to advance or whom to return.

I will say since the most recent patch the AB issue is not as frequent as after the first patch, but it still costs me scoring opportunities or flat out runs every game.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:00 PM   #31
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

It's a legacy issue they never fully fixed from last year.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2017, 04:52 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
I have many videos of both these. I even have a video of the AB cancelling on a foul ball (with no one on base) so I know it is not me causing this problem for the conspiracy theorists. I would post them all but it takes too long to upload and no developer seems to want to acknowledge or dispute the problem. And Milennium has also yet to provide feedback from developers. I have never seen a post where SDS said it was user error. They can't. They just have to play a full game with AB on and it will happen with runners on base. Most of the naysayers have never done just that. I certainly hope they patch it because I tried MB and I suck at it..lol. Plus, I like to watch the play unfold without worrying about whom to advance or whom to return.

I will say since the most recent patch the AB issue is not as frequent as after the first patch, but it still costs me scoring opportunities or flat out runs every game.
You can manually override AB on foul balls. I'm in the number that had this issue consistantly for a few months in 2016 before I totally changed my grip on the dualshock. I love the ability to override the AB decisions, and despise full time manual base running. I wish they would have implemented an option to to disable overriding, that seems like it would have been the cleanest solution and would please both sides.

Last edited by p00p1; 05-09-2017 at 05:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »