Home

90% of my RTTS games are in cloudy weather

This is a discussion on 90% of my RTTS games are in cloudy weather within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2017, 08:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
90% of my RTTS games are in cloudy weather

Does anyone else experience this? It's especially annoying for me because sunny games look great in HDR but I almost never see one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 09:09 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: 90% of my RTTS games are in cloudy weather

Yeah same here it seems. I love the sunny late morning/early afternoon games and how they look

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2017, 08:23 AM   #3
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

This may be your experience but as a guy that strictly plays RttS, I see more sunny/partly cloudy days than cloudy days. It's like 75/25 Sunny vs cloudy days
Old 04-28-2017, 08:57 AM   #4
Pro

There are more rain game than I care for as well...but just my personal preference. Especially the downpours.... teams just don't play in the downpours....at least it's rare. I wouldn't want a pitcher throwing to me at 90 mph with a hand that's soaking wet.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #5
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Same here and most are actually rainy, which is mainly annoying do to the frame rate hitches the rain causes. Plus all my practice sessions have also been in rain (which, from a realism perspective, I would think is a poor time to do base running drills, but that's admittedly nitpicking).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2017, 10:15 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Same here and most are actually rainy, which is mainly annoying do to the frame rate hitches the rain causes. Plus all my practice sessions have also been in rain (which, from a realism perspective, I would think is a poor time to do base running drills, but that's admittedly nitpicking).

Maybe nitpicking....but honestly, how many baseball games have you seen in the pouring rain?? How many have you seen in rain delay or rescheduled? It's just not realistic to play baseball in the rain and professionals rarely do it. I have two RTTS saves that I play....one is as a 2b with Seattle and the other is a RF with Atlanta. I enjoy the Seattle save more than the Braves (and I'm a Braves fan), because I play so many more games in the dome that can be open or closed in Seattle. Here's you some more nitpicking (ha) - How many teams do you know that would purposely leave the dome open when it's raining? It doesn't happen but yet it happens all the time in the game.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:24 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

I had to stop playing last night. I've had at least 8 out of my past 10 games played with the sky completely grey. It just looks awful. Does location matter? I am in AAA Buffalo.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:33 AM   #8
Pro

If you want realism, have a few games that are cancelled or called due to rain. I wish there was an option to turn it off all together. I find nothing impressive about the experience of playing in the rain, but I've seen posts from some who do.

Not sure if location affects how often it happens or not. It's the general opinion of some of the friends I play with that it just happens too much period with both rain and cloudy conditions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »