Home

Durability issue with draft picks.

This is a discussion on Durability issue with draft picks. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2017, 10:23 AM   #1
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8
Durability issue with draft picks.

I think this was an issue in the past but it definitely is this year.
A lot of player who have gotten drafted have really low durability. I mean, one guy has a DUR of 2 ... 2!
What is that? One at bat a week?

Anyone encounter this?
If so, what do you do?
Edit their DUR?
Leave it as is?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Durability issue with draft picks.

It sucks. The problem is rooted in the fact that durability as a single number is a boneheaded move because it grades two separate and not always connected attributes: fatigue and injury risk. So the intention behind a 2 might be he's a high injury risk, but the real impact will be, like you said, that he will need to take as many days off as he plays actual games.

This attribute needs to be separated into two attributes: Energy and Injury Risk.

That's the problem.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:16 AM   #3
Banned

This... and is also compounded by the fact that during scouting the injury risk rating is a complete lie. I drafted an 88 potential guys with average injury risk and his durability rating was 38. This is average durability??? Fully scouted mind you (all of the way green), with scouts no less expensive than 2 million (meaning highly skilled). I've worked around his issue by moving every prospect I drafts durability to a minimum of 40. However I only do this for my team since I don't have time to go through every draft pick and update this for other teams, so a little lopsided I must admit.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolove626
This... and is also compounded by the fact that during scouting the injury risk rating is a complete lie. I drafted an 88 potential guys with average injury risk and his durability rating was 38. This is average durability??? Fully scouted mind you (all of the way green), with scouts no less expensive than 2 million (meaning highly skilled). I've worked around his issue by moving every prospect I drafts durability to a minimum of 40. However I only do this for my team since I don't have time to go through every draft pick and update this for other teams, so a little lopsided I must admit.
Yeah, but that's part of the frustration -- he could have an average injury risk and also be a complete slob, so that number could be "accurate" in terms of how it is actually computed. Sucks....
Old 04-28-2017, 03:14 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC
Yeah, but that's part of the frustration -- he could have an average injury risk and also be a complete slob, so that number could be "accurate" in terms of how it is actually computed. Sucks....
Haha too funny. Yeah they should definitely have an injury rating independent of health rating. Come to think of it I don't think I have ever drafted a fat guy except for one time back in 16 I drafted a fat Japanese guy at 2nd base
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #6
MVP

TGov's Arena

I think I will have to edit all of the draft picks with low durability.
It just bothers me and it will impact the game going forward. Some picks have good durability but I just checked and most of my picks have bad durability even though I only drafted 1 player who had a high risk of injury.

Maybe I'll do something like, edit the durability of all draft picks who actually have a chance at playing in the majors. (B potential & up or above 55 rating?)
All the other filler players, good luck. I just don't have time to do this but want to.
Oh the frustration!

EDIT:
Just found this, wanted to share...

0 DUR! How does he play? Why was he drafted?
Come on, this is just silly.
(And no I didn't edit this, I'm still midseason after the draft)

Last edited by TGov; 04-28-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:38 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
I think I will have to edit all of the draft picks with low durability.
It just bothers me and it will impact the game going forward. Some picks have good durability but I just checked and most of my picks have bad durability even though I only drafted 1 player who had a high risk of injury.

Maybe I'll do something like, edit the durability of all draft picks who actually have a chance at playing in the majors. (B potential & up or above 55 rating?)
All the other filler players, good luck. I just don't have time to do this but want to.
Oh the frustration!

EDIT:
Just found this, wanted to share...

0 DUR! How does he play? Why was he drafted?
Come on, this is just silly.
(And no I didn't edit this, I'm still midseason after the draft)
Jeeze! Haven't seen this one yet. Never mind how did he get drafted, how did he even make it though the college or prep ranks to get drafted when he can't even play a game? This is attrocious. Can't say I'm surprised though. Cash is king and that kings name I diamond dynasty. I am strictly offline franchise player and sadly I wouldn't be surprised to see franchise mode scratched in the future to solely focus on DD

Last edited by Nolove626; 04-28-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:45 PM   #8
MVP

TGov's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolove626
Jeeze! Haven't seen this one yet. Never mind how did he get drafted, how did he even make it though the college or prep ranks to get drafted when he can't even play a game? This is attrocious. Can't say I'm surprised though. Cash is king and that kings name I diamond dynasty. I am strictly offline franchise player and sadly I would be surprised to see franchise mode scratched in the future to solely focus on DD
Don't you swear like that!
Franchise is why I buy this game, like many others.
Luckily, we're able to edit these players, which I intend to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »