Home

The Show maybe got it right after all.....

This is a discussion on The Show maybe got it right after all..... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2017, 07:04 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Show maybe got it right after all.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Without a doubt, some of the things we are complaining about regarding MLB 17 (too many HRs and too many wild pitches/passed balls) need to be toned down as yes they are happening too often in our games. But these things are also happening in the real world games. I just watched one game this evening that seemed to have it all. Rockies vs D-Backs. It had a 481 foot HR, an opposite field HR hit by one of the smaller guys in the league (a guy who will never hit a HR in this game because SDS claims this player has no skills), two wild pitches in the top of the 9th inning which blow the lead and another wild pitch in the bottom of the 9th which does not blow the game, but was still the 3rd wild pitch in one inning.

Baseball can be a crazy game at times.
Well the longest homerun of 2017 has been 469 feet, so your stating that you saw a real life 481 foot shot is not true.

The Show has way too much power out of the box. Plain and simple. It's been documented, acknowledged, and attempted to have been patched.

Some of us are still seeing issues, however. Over 90% of my hits in franchise are HR's or Singles. Nearly 40 homeruns through 20 games with a team that is near the bottom in power in real life. It is really sucking the fun and immersion out of the game. Up the level and adjusting sliders to no avail. Still hit homeruns and hardly any doubles.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:44 AM   #10
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

There's been 17 HR's of 450 feet or longer in the MLB this season.

Playing pre-1.04 , guys who had no business hitting these bombs regularly cleared 450 feet. If you were to play out every game, you could have hit more than 17 HRs of 450+ feet with just your own team.

It needed to be adjusted

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-30-2017, 09:07 AM   #11
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Like I've said before...if Bartolo Colon can hit a HR, ANYTHING is possible in baseball!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2017, 09:16 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Like I've said before...if Bartolo Colon can hit a HR, ANYTHING is possible in baseball!
the fact Colon can still pitch at his age shape and condition, anythings possible lol

A Work in Progress
Old 04-30-2017, 09:58 AM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Without a doubt, some of the things we are complaining about regarding MLB 17 (too many HRs and too many wild pitches/passed balls) need to be toned down as yes they are happening too often in our games. But these things are also happening in the real world games. I just watched one game this evening that seemed to have it all. Rockies vs D-Backs. It had a 481 foot HR, an opposite field HR hit by one of the smaller guys in the league (a guy who will never hit a HR in this game because SDS claims this player has no skills), two wild pitches in the top of the 9th inning which blow the lead and another wild pitch in the bottom of the 9th which does not blow the game, but was still the 3rd wild pitch in one inning.

Baseball can be a crazy game at times.

Not calling you out, but Lamb's home run wasn't opposite field. He's left handed and hit it just right of center field. http://mlb.mlb.com/r/video?content_id=1337695183

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 04-30-2017, 10:03 AM   #14
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
Well the longest homerun of 2017 has been 469 feet, so your stating that you saw a real life 481 foot shot is not true.

The Show has way too much power out of the box. Plain and simple. It's been documented, acknowledged, and attempted to have been patched.

Some of us are still seeing issues, however. Over 90% of my hits in franchise are HR's or Singles. Nearly 40 homeruns through 20 games with a team that is near the bottom in power in real life. It is really sucking the fun and immersion out of the game. Up the level and adjusting sliders to no avail. Still hit homeruns and hardly any doubles.

Jake Lamb hit one 481 feet last night. He is correct in what he's saying .

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-30-2017, 10:07 AM   #15
MVP

forme95's Arena

I'm not saying they got it perfect. I'm saying they are actually in the right direction. Everyone plays different. That is why they have sliders. To fine tune what each person is looking for in there personal game experience.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2017, 10:29 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
Not calling you out, but Lamb's home run wasn't opposite field. He's left handed and hit it just right of center field. http://mlb.mlb.com/r/video?content_id=1337695183
Go back and read the thread. I said Alexi Amarista hit the opposite field HR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »